what was favre thinking - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

what was favre thinking

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benb18a » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:48 pm

J. Walter Weatherman wrote:exactly, that's what favre is. [/i]history. if eli or grossman or any other qb in the league plays as poorly as favre does then every single analyst is questioning his ability to lead, or even start. favre does it and "he's having fun." hmmm. to me, fun is winning and throwing touchdowns, not picks. but maybe that's just me

Favre has already accomplished so much that this will not tarnish his legacy. He will be remembered as a very fierce competitor, who, I believe, holds the record for most fourth quarter comebacks. If the Packers knew this team had the talent to make a serious run at a title, they would put the best man in there. They don't, so they're not. They are letting Favre tutor their QB of the future, who probably wouldn't do much better right now anyway. Up until this week, Favre had a decent TD/int ratio anyway, its not like he's been stinking up the place all year. As a Favre owner I'm not even worried about it.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 pm

benb18a wrote:If the Packers knew this team had the talent to make a serious run at a title, they would put the best man in there. They don't, so they're not. They are letting Favre tutor their QB of the future, who probably wouldn't do much better right now anyway.

Not only is the pretty boy from Cal out for the season, he has yet to put in even a half-way impressive performance in preseason or in his short regular season outing. Favre is by far the best QB on the team, even if he isn't the same 3-time MVP he once was.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting