Man This Would Be Awesome - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Man This Would Be Awesome

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:31 pm

CC wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:That would be sweeeeet. I have been saying for a while that a 4 team playoff (or potentially even an 8 teamer) is the way to go.

Half the people in continental North America have been saying this for a while now.

I prefer the Bowl system the way it is now, even if Michigan is getting jobbed this year.

CC, how can you prefer the Bowl System now to an8 team playoff, Mich isn't the only team being jobbed. They need an 8 team, but i will take a 4 teamer.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:33 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:That would be sweeeeet. I have been saying for a while that a 4 team playoff (or potentially even an 8 teamer) is the way to go.

I agree to a point, but I would hate to see OSU this year have to play FLA to prove that they belong in the NC game. And what if OSU won and Mich beat USC? Now we'd be back to discussing why the NC game would even need to be played.

My opinion OSU needs to play another team to prove they belong. The only good team they beat was Michigan. Texas proved they are overrated and that was OSU signature win before Michigan. I have much more respect for the Michigan team that beat Wisky, ND in Southbend, and lost by only 3 to OSU.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:04 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:

I agree to a point, but I would hate to see OSU this year have to play FLA to prove that they belong in the NC game. And what if OSU won and Mich beat USC? Now we'd be back to discussing why the NC game would even need to be played.

I think you are saying what happens if Michigan plays OSU in the nat'l champ game...but with a playoff the game still carries importance. You are essentially saying now that if (theoretically) the bears beat the patriots in the superbowl, that they don't necesarily deserve it...u dont make much sense. and do the words neutral field mean anything to you?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

I think you are saying what happens if Michigan plays OSU in the nat'l champ game...but with a playoff the game still carries importance. You are essentially saying now that if (theoretically) the bears beat the patriots in the superbowl, that they don't necesarily deserve it...u dont make much sense. and do the words neutral field mean anything to you?

I make plenty of sense, wise guy. How 'bout this scenario? The Pats just the beat the Bears, they each take a month off, then play again to "really" determine who the better team was/is.

After some games, I'll buy the neutral field arguement. I didnt feel OSU had a huge home field advantage. So to answer your question, "No", neutral field means nothing to mean in regards to that game.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to College Football