Anyone a sportsline Commish? I think mine is cheating - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone a sportsline Commish? I think mine is cheating

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone a sportsline Commish? I think mine is cheating

Postby MiniDitkas » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 am

My commish is doing something fishy. He switched his players at 1:34 PM. thats 30 minutes after gametime started. I confronted him about it, and now the transaction report has been deleted. Lucky for me I took a screen shot

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1384 ... ed2kb4.jpg

I then confronted him about why the transaction report was missing.

Here's his response

"I went in to see what time my transaction was said it was done and in trying to refresh I accidentally reset the entire year. "

Now, for all you sportsline commish's. How hard is it to delete the transaction report? Where is the delete button. What steps are needed to delete this? Could it be done accidently? Is there a confirmation to delete the transaction report? Can the transaction report be restored?

What should I say next? This is a pay league and we are all friends. But I know he switched his roster so he would make the playoffs
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 am

If you go to delete the Transaction Report, you get this message, "Are you absolutely sure that you want to permanently remove every transaction from this report? Note that resetting this report will not change your league rosters in any way." "Ok." "Cancel."

Also, the browser refresh button is way up at the top. The transaction report options are way down at the bottom in red.

Probability of confusion: 0.0001%. Probability of commish BS: 99.9999%.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MiniDitkas » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:42 am

thats what i needed to know. thanks
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:06 pm

Where is the transaction report? I need to cover my tracks.

Edit: Found it.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Heimholder » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:57 pm

Matthias wrote:If you go to delete the Transaction Report, you get this message, "Are you absolutely sure that you want to permanently remove every transaction from this report? Note that resetting this report will not change your league rosters in any way." "Ok." "Cancel."

Also, the browser refresh button is way up at the top. The transaction report options are way down at the bottom in red.

3-year sportsline commish here and Matthias is absolutely correct. But I also believe the ultimate smoking gun is in that screenshot. Any moves made using "commissioner privileges" show up red like the words "benched" and "activated" in the Washington/McGahee move. This indicates the commish went beyond normal league settings to make a change. Since it's his own guys past the gametime, that means he cheated. Period. Normal legal moves made by the commish show up black - I just checked my own website to confirm this. He can claim stupidity for deleting the transactions all he wants - that screenshot is proof.

But the weird thing is, I'm not sure why those other 2 transactions below it are red - maybe the commish had to fix someone else's lineup for them due to internet problems?? They appear to be prior to gametime...
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:16 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Where is the transaction report? I need to cover my tracks.

Edit: Found it.

You need to cover your tracks? Haven't you locked the rosters, stolen the players, and prevented all the other owners from posting messages by now, BH? It's getting close to Week 13 already....
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smackthefirst » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Flat out he cheated and you caught him. If you want, PM me and we can work this out tonight over AIM. I run a few leagues with CBS and have been questioned about cheating before (damn site crashing this year too much) and know exactly how things work and how to prove no cheating was done (or in this case that cheating was done). And even more obvious is he made the move within minutes of Willis scoring.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby EagleFan68 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:17 pm

You caught him red handed, nice job

I myself am a sportline commish and just so I never get accused of cheating I always e-mail my starting lineup to my opponent just before 1 pm.

I have made adjustments for other players after the games started, but it was because I received an e-mail or phone call before the games started, so it's alegal adjustment.

I always tell everyone if they want to do a move or a change, e-mail me that way I have a date & time stamped e-mail that backs up their move.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aercus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Heimholder wrote:
Matthias wrote:If you go to delete the Transaction Report, you get this message, "Are you absolutely sure that you want to permanently remove every transaction from this report? Note that resetting this report will not change your league rosters in any way." "Ok." "Cancel."

3-year sportsline commish here and Matthias is absolutely correct. But I also believe the ultimate smoking gun is in that screenshot. Any moves made using "commissioner privileges" show up red like the words "benched" and "activated" in the Washington/McGahee move. This indicates the commish went beyond normal league settings to make a change. Since it's his own guys past the gametime, that means he cheated. Period. Normal legal moves made by the commish show up black - I just checked my own website to confirm this. He can claim stupidity for deleting the transactions all he wants - that screenshot is proof.

But the weird thing is, I'm not sure why those other 2 transactions below it are red - maybe the commish had to fix someone else's lineup for them due to internet problems?? They appear to be prior to gametime...

The rosters may lock before the first game of the week. Due to the Thursday games, that would explain the red if it is his team.

I am a Sportsline Commish and this is absolute rubbish. Cheating is bad enough, but then lying about the cover up about the cheating....keeps getting better.
aercus
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk