Split National Title? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Split National Title?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:40 pm

VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?

That only works out in Wolverineland. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?

Because the game was in Columbus!!!! USC will have won on a "neutral" field, which is actually more like a home game for USC, because the game is much closer to USC than it is to OSU

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Because the game was in Columbus!!!! USC will have won on a "neutral" field, which is actually more like a home game for USC, because the game is much closer to USC than it is to OSU

It's not impossible that the voters will see it that way, it's just highly improbable. Don't get your hopes up. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:04 pm

This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:17 pm

Atog wrote:

This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.

:-?

Sooooo are you saying that Michigan and Ohio State were playing on two different fields? Because if so I think that's against the rules or something. If, however, they were playing on the same field, then your statement doesn't hold water.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:36 pm

knapplc wrote:
Atog wrote:

:-?

Sooooo are you saying that Michigan and Ohio State were playing on two different fields? Because if so I think that's against the rules or something. If, however, they were playing on the same field, then your statement doesn't hold water.

He is just saying the field benefited Ohio St. Also, this is starting to get reducndant but IT WAS IN COLUMBUS.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:36 pm

A loss is a loss. And blaming the sod on the field is pitiful.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:38 pm

VaderFin wrote:A loss is a loss. And blaming the sod on the field is pitiful.

My main point wasn't the sod- my main point was that the game was in columbus- had it been in ann arbor, it would have been a whole different game.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:39 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
VaderFin wrote:A loss is a loss. And blaming the sod on the field is pitiful.

My main point wasn't the sod- my main point was that the game was in columbus- had it been in ann arbor, it would have been a whole different game.

You don't know that. You might have loss by more who knows. What we do know is Ohio St. beat Michigan this year and that is what matters.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football