Split National Title? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Split National Title?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:09 pm

VaderFin wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
VaderFin wrote:A loss is a loss. And blaming the sod on the field is pitiful.

My main point wasn't the sod- my main point was that the game was in columbus- had it been in ann arbor, it would have been a whole different game.

You don't know that. You might have loss by more who knows. What we do know is Ohio St. beat Michigan this year and that is what matters.

A loss is a loss. I don't think the game was as close as the final score indicated. Michigan was outplayed throughout. The game could have been different in Ann Arbor, but we won't ever know that.

If USC wins against OSU they are the national champions.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:22 pm

The home team can do as they please to their field, that's why it's their field. If Ohio St wants to put turf in for the game, it may be a bit on the unethical side, but it is perfectly fine, that's why it's their home game. If the next year, Michigan has a speed team and wants to put turf in then so be it.

Does anybody think that it's a coincidence that ND has such high grass which slows down speed and they also have one of the slowest teams of the elite programs.

Home teams manipulate their field and conditions to benefit their team week in and week out. Just take a look at the clock control at the end of a close game for the best example. If the home team is up at the end of a close game a few seconds always tend to tick off before the clock is stopped after the play is over, however if that same home team is down... you can bet your ass that clock is stopped the second that play is over.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:39 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:The home team can do as they please to their field, that's why it's their field. If Ohio St wants to put turf in for the game, it may be a bit on the unethical side, but it is perfectly fine, that's why it's their home game. If the next year, Michigan has a speed team and wants to put turf in then so be it.

Does anybody think that it's a coincidence that ND has such high grass which slows down speed and they also have one of the slowest teams of the elite programs.

Home teams manipulate their field and conditions to benefit their team week in and week out. Just take a look at the clock control at the end of a close game for the best example. If the home team is up at the end of a close game a few seconds always tend to tick off before the clock is stopped after the play is over, however if that same home team is down... you can bet your ass that clock is stopped the second that play is over.

Joe i am sure u have been witness to the exhaustan the Visiting team faces at the Swamp b/c they are in the sun the whole time b/c we put them on the east side of the stadium.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Not even a chance. Not even the smallest chance in the world.

The USA Today poll automatically picks the winner of the BCS NC game as mentioned. That means the only way for a split NC would be for the AP to vote Michigan. But USC is ALREADY ahead of Michigan in the AP poll, so you mean to say that USC is going to DROP in that poll after beating #1 undefeated Ohio State??? Riiiiigghhtttt....
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Munboy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:18 pm

Isn't the point of the BCS to crown just one champion? I seem to remember a few years back, before the BSC, two teams were crowned co-champs which spurned on the creation of the BCS. Anybody with a better memory (or google skills) know what I thinking about?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:36 pm

Munboy wrote:Isn't the point of the BCS to crown just one champion? I seem to remember a few years back, before the BSC, two teams were crowned co-champs which spurned on the creation of the BCS. Anybody with a better memory (or google skills) know what I thinking about?

Nebraska/Michigan.....Tom Osbornes Last Year Coaches gave it to Nebraska and AP gave it to Michigan although both polls had Michigan number 1 going into the bowl games and Michigan destroyed WAZZU
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:33 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Munboy wrote:Isn't the point of the BCS to crown just one champion? I seem to remember a few years back, before the BSC, two teams were crowned co-champs which spurned on the creation of the BCS. Anybody with a better memory (or google skills) know what I thinking about?

Nebraska/Michigan.....Tom Osbornes Last Year Coaches gave it to Nebraska and AP gave it to Michigan although both polls had Michigan number 1 going into the bowl games and Michigan destroyed WAZZU

Not quite how I remember it. I remember Leaf throwing from appx the Mich 30-yard line for a TD, and the game ended on a controversial call. The team that got destroyed was no.3 Tennessee at the hands of NU. NU deservered every bit as much as Michigan did.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:50 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Not quite how I remember it. I remember Leaf throwing from appx the Mich 30-yard line for a TD, and the game ended on a controversial call. The team that got destroyed was no.3 Tennessee at the hands of NU. NU deservered every bit as much as Michigan did.

Still i found it funny that the poll that changed who was number 1 and who was number 2 was the Coaches poll in Tom Osbornes last game.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Still i found it funny that the poll that changed who was number 1 and who was number 2 was the Coaches poll in Tom Osbornes last game.

I dont disagree that there was some nepotism if you can call it that. On the flip side though, I can remember the "experts" saying NU would be a 7 point favorite. I dont think the majority thought that Michigan was the better team, but felt that NU had to be punished for the OT win @Mizzou.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:04 pm

Heh was that the infamous "kick ball" game?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to College Football