Split National Title? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Split National Title?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Heh was that the infamous "kick ball" game?

yep
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3936
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:25 pm

Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby CC » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:17 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D


Not all Michigan fans are making excuses, I believe Michigan got outplayed and would lose again if they played tOSU, but that doesn't change the fact Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:37 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D

You type too fast - please print slower and in big letters so I can read!

Image

:-D
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:40 pm

CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D


Not all Michigan fans are making excuses, I believe Michigan got outplayed and would lose again if they played tOSU, but that doesn't change the fact Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country.


This may or may not be true, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is an opinion, not a fact. It is also an opinion that not a lot of people who don't call themselves Michigan fans adhere to, too.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:53 pm

Can't wait for Mich/LSU in the Rose Bowl, should be a good one. ;-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby CC » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:15 pm

knapplc wrote:
CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D


Not all Michigan fans are making excuses, I believe Michigan got outplayed and would lose again if they played tOSU, but that doesn't change the fact Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country.


This may or may not be true, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is an opinion, not a fact. It is also an opinion that not a lot of people who don't call themselves Michigan fans adhere to, too.


I completely disagree and I really don't see how Michigan can be ahead of USC and then USC beats a team by 20 at home that Michigan beat by 26 on the road and jumps them. But whatever, if you're not first, you're last. Who cares about 2nd place?
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:15 pm

CC wrote:
knapplc wrote:
CC wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D


Not all Michigan fans are making excuses, I believe Michigan got outplayed and would lose again if they played tOSU, but that doesn't change the fact Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country.


This may or may not be true, but it still doesn't change the fact that this is an opinion, not a fact. It is also an opinion that not a lot of people who don't call themselves Michigan fans adhere to, too.


I completely disagree and I really don't see how Michigan can be ahead of USC and then USC beats a team by 20 at home that Michigan beat by 26 on the road and jumps them. But whatever, if you're not first, you're last. Who cares about 2nd place?


Comparing margin of victory against the same team is a tough argument to make from the get-go, but especially when you're comparing a 26 point win vs. a 20 point win.

Or as an alternative, we could argue how come Central Michigan isn't ahead of Michigan after beating the same team by 11 that Michigan beat by 8 ;)
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby CC » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:16 pm

I'm not arguing that as a reason as to why Michigan is better, I'm just wondering why USC's less impressive win over ND (than Michigan's) moved USC up to #2 and Michigan down to #3.

I could see it if Michigan beat ND by 3 and then USC destroyed ND, but voters were thinking Michigan was #2 prior to the game and then USC jumps them by beating what has been established as a hugely overrated ND team.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Kilroy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:36 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Atog wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Riddle me this.....if USC beats Ohio St. and Michigan wins their bowl game how could anyone vote the team #1 who LOST to Ohio St. over the team who BEAT Ohio St?????? :-?


This has kind of been said already, but because Michigan lost by three points and on a totally unecessary semi-freak penalty, IN COLUMBUS, on an incredibly shoddy field. If I remember correctly OSU had like 3 TDs of 40+ yards, which would never have happened if the field hadn't been re-sodded like a week before the game.


These kind of rationalizations from Michigan fans since "The Game" amuse me to no end. I'll try to simplify this, as I know big words tend to confuse Wolverines. (I'd bust out the crayons but that would be patronizing (Big word for rude))

Michigan lost because they didn't score as many points as Ohio State did.

3 in a Row. 5 out of 6.

Deal with it.

:-D

You type too fast - please print slower and in big letters so I can read!

Image

:-D


I W-I-L-L T-R-Y S-T-O-M-P-E-R.

:-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:27 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact