For those battling for the last/second last playoff spot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

For those battling for the last/second last playoff spot

Moderator: Football Moderators

For those battling for the last/second last playoff spot

Postby KK_Cowboy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:33 pm

What do you need to have happen for you to get that spot?

Right now I need one of two teams to lose both their games and I need to win both my games AND finish ahead in points against the two teams who could finish 7-7 like I could. As of right now I am at least 50 points ahead of both.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:58 pm

I'm fighting for the last playoff spot in a public Yahoo league (yea, I know) with a 5-7 record, and I need the 6-5-1 guy currently in 4th to lose the final two weeks (he's inactive too, lol) and the 5-6-1 guy to lose out too.

Funny thing is, me and the 5-6-1 guy were in 9th and 10th place respectively 3 weeks ago. I've gotten lucky because Chad finally decided to score some TDs and now SA is back for me.

I'm not is a good spot total points-wise though, currently being the 6th highest points total, but as long as my win/loss record is better than the 4th and 5th place guys after two weeks, it shouldn't matter.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:19 pm

i'm 6-6 fighting for a last spot, and am doing better now that i'm using marion barber and brandon jacobs instead of ronnie brown and warrick dunn :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:07 pm

I'm in a 6-teams for 2 spots race in one league where all 6 teams are separated by one game (somewhere between 7-5 and 6-6). Needless to say, the playoff scenarios are endless and far too complicated for me to understand. Luckily I'm one of the three 7-5 teams tied for the lead.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:16 pm

In an 18 teamer I'm holding onto the 7th spot with a 7-5 record and there are 4 teams under me with 6-6 records. I basically just have to win my match and I get a PO spot, especially since I'm facing one of those 6-6 teams.
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:09 pm

2 weeks I left, I need one team to have one more loss than me and I need to keep my points lead over him, which at this point is only about 30. Points shouldn't be an issue, I'm just worried I may lose, since I have managed to be on the losing side of 3 of the top 5 point-weeks so far. (And one of the other 2 was me.)
I'd say my shots are 50-50 at this point.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benb18a » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:56 pm

I'm at 7-5, and in third place in my division. Not bad, considering I was at 3-5 a month ago... and two games behind the second to last place team. The leader is 8-4, and I'm tied with another at 7-5, but both of these guys have atleast 100 points more than me, so a tiebreaker is not an option. The exciting thing is that I have to play both the teams that are ahead of me in the final two weeks, which will be pretty intense. I hope I can keep up this unrealistic streak of luck that is spred over all of my leagues. ;-D

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby spodog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:08 pm

Sitting at 7-5.

In our league, 11 of the 12 teams still have a shot at the playoffs. We take 3 DIV winners and 1 Wildcard Team to the playoffs.

I'm 2 games behind our DIV leader, but in good shape to grab the WC spot.

If I win my remaining 2 games, I'm a lock.
I have a few scenarios if I go 1-1 where I can still get in as well.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:41 am

I'm at 6-5-1 in my $$$ league coming off a tie (Thanks for nothin' Marvin and Donte :-P ) and in third (top four advance). If I beat the #5 Team this week I'm in. If I lose I have to beat the #1 (10-2, Won 7 in a row) team in Week 14 and get some help.

Friggin' Injuries killed me this year. :~(

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:44 am

I'm 5-6-1.

There are 2 teams at 6-6 ahead of me right now. I need to win my next two and they each need to lose one or I am toast.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk