Alexander Owners in Playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander Owners in Playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alexander Owners in Playoffs?

Postby BigMusky » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:27 pm

I am on both sides of this coin. Now that Alexander appears to be rolling again, are there any teams barely making the playoffs that will now be contenders?

In my money league the Alexander team is now 7-5 and pretty much a lock for the playoffs unless they lose out. This team is the LOWEST scoring team in our league, but has played the lowest scoring team nearly every week. Anyhow...with Alexander starting this team is now something to worry about.

In another league I have had a team destroyed by injuries, but still one of the highest scoring teams in league. That team has lost McNabb, Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones, Hines Ward and is now just getting Alexander back. Amazingly...our division sucks and at 6-5, if I win this week I will be in the driver seat for the playoffs since I own the tie breaker over everyone in my division. I could be a threat with any kind of QB play.

Anyone else seeing these "crappy" teams coming back strong with Alexander, or are most those teams knocked out already?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:31 pm

I wouldn't get too worried. He needed 40 carries to get 200 yards and he didn't sniff the end zone. He's a chump.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:09 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I wouldn't get too worried. He needed 40 carries to get 200 yards and he didn't sniff the end zone. He's a chump.
5 yards a carry... Shouldn't the guy in your avatar be throwing up?
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skinsfan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:16 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I wouldn't get too worried. He needed 40 carries to get 200 yards and he didn't sniff the end zone. He's a chump.

The thing is he got 5 per carry and the defense absolutely knew he was coming 75% of the time in the 2nd half, especially when Seattle took the lead (at which point it was more like 90%). The Seattle O-Line and Alexander's performance yesterday was reminiscent of Jamal Lewis and the Ravens in his 2000 yard season.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cooner » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:26 pm

here's hoping...

I have a team that is currently in 7th, need to get to 6th to make the playoffs. With SA, Jamal Lewis, and Kevin Jones as my RB/RB/Flex, I was hurting for a long time, but am looking to sneak back in...
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm in 6th with a 5-7 record fighting for the last playoff spot. I've got SA and I need to win the next two weeks while the 4th place guy (at 6-5-1) loses two and the 5th place guy (at 5-6-1) to lose at least once. Stupid tie that each of them has forces me into needing to beat both of them in the win/loss standings because my point total is pretty bad (6th in the league).

Unless SA mimics LT/2's 3-4 TD a game average from here on out, he may just end up rotating in and out of my lineup based on matchup since I have FWP and Gore and Ahman Green to play around with.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Crippler » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:53 pm

Yeah 5 yards per carry while running on ice and snow is a breeze. Whats your fantasy record this season? :-?

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Postby theimitator » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:45 pm

I think Huge is being sarcastic.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:45 pm

I needed four more points out of Shaun last night to make the playoffs. :~(

I might have been able to make a run had I made the playoffs, but I missed them for the first time ever in this league. Oh well.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mattb47 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:24 pm

theimitator wrote:

I think Huge is being sarcastic.

Huge would never be sarcastic.... :-b :-b :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk