Not sure what to do in this situation. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not sure what to do in this situation.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not sure what to do in this situation.

Postby Tusin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Well in my "work" league my team is doing pretty good. I am currently in 3rd, and have already locked a playoff spot. Just going to try to get a better seed (1gb behind 2nd, and 2gb for 1st). Anyways, the team I play this week. Is in last place, out of the playoff's etc.... But does have some weapons to win. Here is my concern. I "play" this other team. I mean I have the login and pass and setup the lineup every week. Everyone at work knows this. And is fine with it. The thing is, is that this is a Money league. Winner will get near $350.00.

So what do I do? We start 2 QB's. And one of his QB's is J. Plummer. His other on his bench is Leftwich. His only current starter is E. Manning. I can make a trade with him. Grossman for either Alexander or Addai (I could use better RB Depth). Pick someone off of waivers. But he is next to last on WW order. Or I just don't touch it this week. Ignore the fact that I have been "playing" his team. Normally I think I would tell him. But the other kicker is that he is out of town the whole week.

I am going to try to email him. And let him know the situation.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:10 pm

I wouldn't do trades with yourself. If you think there are trades he can make with other players that make sense for him, then possibly.

First, though, I'd try to snag a starting QB (almost any would do) off of waivers. And then go from there.

And since you've been playing his team in the past, now is no time to break form now that you're playing him yourself. But again, no, don't do trades from his team to yours.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slowride » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Are you saying there isn't 1 starting QB who's a free agent?
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby smackthefirst » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 pm

Honestly, this is why I don't like having to "watch" other's teams. So you don't feel the reprecussions down the road, I would question the league as to how they think it should be handled. The last thing you want is for you to choose what is best and then have other teams cry foul.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:39 pm

This guy is in last place, and has no chance. If you have been taking care of his lineup until now, I'd pick up the best QB off waivers, dropping Leftwich for him just to be consistent. I wouldn't do any trade for him if I were you. That would be unethical. SA, or Addai (given the week he just had) for Grossman (especially given the week he just had) is an absurd trade offer. No, I agree that there is no way you can accept any trade for him... especially a trade from you. Your asking for trouble if you do.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GP1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:43 pm

lol @ grossman for SA
GP1
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Hermesz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:18 pm

That's not a good situation to be in...

It's a little late now, but here's what you probably should have been doing all along.

Announce a ranking chart like the one that they put up here at the Cafe, Yahoo, or a number of other fantasy sites, then start the highest ranked players on those lists. If a player gets benched or sent to IR, then you just grab the player with the highest points scored available in your league.

It's real simple, and event makes sense.

No one can be accused of cheating that way.

And certainly don't trade players with other teams ESPECIALLY YOUR OWN.

How can you even suggest Grossman for SA or Addai... gawd that's freakin' week, dude. How did you rationalize that one? It makes you look like a real tweeter that's trying to get permission to cheat "just a little".
Fat man in Under Armour vows to protect this Waffle House
Hermesz1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Infidel » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:21 pm

If the owner does not reply, ask Da Commish to set his roster and make any appropriate WW moves. You should have nothing to do with running his team this week. This is why you have a Commish.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tusin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:24 pm

Yeah I think I will just say forget it. ANd have him deal with it on his own. I actually emailed the Commish and asked him to take care of his team for me this week. I am to hardcore to setup his team for him when he is playing me (it is funny, because we have a 10 team league, and this is the first and only time I am playing against him).

But in my defense I did "try" ti make his team do well. Just did not put alot of effort into making trades and doing WW pickups. The team was Fubard from the start. It has had 2 owners. The original one dipped out after week one. Because during the draft (we do a live draft at our office) he couldn't make it. So we did it over speakerphone with him. After round 2 (he got 2nd in the draft) his phone went dead and we had no way to get ahold of him. So we did our best to be fair and pick a team for him. Needless to say he didn't like it. And quit. So my boss (who played last year and didn't really want to this year) decided to take over the team, pay the $90.00 entry fee. And he did try to play with my advice. And he was doing good. But soon enough it became that I was doing his complete lineup every week for him. In his defense, he is a VERY busy person. But eh, I am not even going to worry about it. If someone want's to do his lineup for him this week, so be it. If not, I am not going to deal with it.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Tusin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:31 pm

You want to know my reasoning for Grossman for Addai or SA? QB's in our league are point crazy. They are more important then RB's. It sucks, I am in a few other leagues that are more "standard". And last year it was more standard. But the commish wanted to try something new this year and this is the outcome.

I will get the scoring breakdown here in a little bit and post it.

But regardless. I won't be making the trade. And I will TRY to pickup J. Cutler (probably won't happen, just due to his WW Order). Gradkowski, or even Young.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk