Ohio State no longer #1??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Ohio State no longer #1???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:39 am

Sandrock wrote:Chris (Port Orchard, WA): Does anyone outisde of Gator Fantasyland actually believe that FLA deserves a national title shot over an 11-1 USC squad?

Bob Davie: I think it's obvious to most impartial fans that USC is deserving of a national title shot if they beat UCLA Saturday. USC has taken advantage of some nationally televised games by putting on great performances. I think most would agree they are a more balanced football team than Florida.

Eh, I don't think even that many IN Gator Fantasyland necessarily think they deserve the shot over USC. I still don't like that USC played in a weaker conference, but they went out and scheduled some tough out of conference games this year and looked good in all of them. That's all I can ask for.

If UF won the national title this year it would be a total fluke. That said, I'd take a national title any way I can get it, fluke or not. It would take a lot of miracles though...USC losing to UCLA, Florida pounding Arkansas, a miracle slew of voters putting UF over Michigan, and then UF somehow beating OSU. Each of those individually is very unlikely, all of them combined even moreso.

I will say though that no one questions OSU's national championship in 2000 or whenever it was they beat Miami, even though like Florida this year every one of their games was a nail biter even against the lousy teams, even converting a 4th and 15 to stay alive against I believe Purdue or Wisconsin. They did have the benefit of not losing one of those games though.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:59 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Chris (Port Orchard, WA): Does anyone outisde of Gator Fantasyland actually believe that FLA deserves a national title shot over an 11-1 USC squad?

Bob Davie: I think it's obvious to most impartial fans that USC is deserving of a national title shot if they beat UCLA Saturday. USC has taken advantage of some nationally televised games by putting on great performances. I think most would agree they are a more balanced football team than Florida.

Eh, I don't think even that many IN Gator Fantasyland necessarily deserve the shot over USC. I still don't like that USC played in a weaker conference, but they went out and scheduled some tough out of conference games this year and looked good in all of them. That's all I can ask for.

If UF won the national title this year it would be a total fluke. That said, I'd take a national title any way I can get it, fluke or not. It would take a lot of miracles though...USC losing to UCLA, Florida pounding Arkansas, a miracle slew of voters putting UF over Michigan, and then UF somehow beating OSU. Each of those individually is very unlikely, all of them combined even moreso.

I will say though that no one questions OSU's national championship in 2000 or whenever it was they beat Miami, even though like Florida this year every one of their games was a nail biter even against the lousy teams, even converting a 4th and 15 to stay alive against I believe Purdue or Wisconsin. They did have the benefit of not losing one of those games though.

You haven't talked to any U fans i take it ;-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football