In a "friendly" argument with the Commish. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

In a "friendly" argument with the Commish.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tusin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:51 pm

Average scores for QB's in this league is 35-40pts. Which is fine. The problem is, is that it is way to hard for any other players to score that ammount of points. You know LT's last game? 27pts.
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:37 pm

I like the 1pt-per-completion - but ONLY if you add -1 per incompletion...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:22 am

lmcjaho wrote:I like the 1pt-per-completion - but ONLY if you add -1 per incompletion...

If you wanted to get down to it... you would have to factor in average yards gained per completion and either value the completion more, or make the incompletion less of a penalty. If you throw at 40% completion rate, yet also throw 15 yards per attempt you are helping your team out.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: In a "friendly" argument with the Commish.

Postby The Lung » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:05 am

Tusin wrote:Am I right here, thinking that next year there really needs to be some changes? Or am I just used to my other leagues and this is more of a "norm"?

I agree that these league settings are highly unusual.

However, I have found that it is usually best to make comments and recommendations at the beginning of the year as opposed to the end of the season. I have noticed over the past five years of playing fantasy football that league settings discussion at the end of the year sometimes doesn't go over so well and often comes off as "sour grapes." Additionally, the recommendations can be forgotten by the time next season comes around.

I've made it a habit of thoroughly examining league settings before joining ANY league these days. If there's something that needs tweaked, I've e-mailed my concerns to the commissioner why the changes are needed. If a compromise can't be reached with the commish, I typically withdraw from the league.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:51 pm

Just get rid of the point per completion.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby dgan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:46 am

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see point per reception which is pretty typical in scoring systems similar to yours. I wonder if it is just a mistake or misunderstanding, and he really meant to set it up for point per reception (PPR) instead of point per completion.

I'm not a fan of PPR, but I'm just throwing that out there as a possibility.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Tusin » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:13 pm

Yeah, this is just a friendly league. But I have been giving him a hard time all year about his scoring. I just never really looked into it much, because I was putting much more focus into my other "real" leagues. I will make the playoffs in this league. So it shouldn't really be seen as "sour grapes". I think it's more of him. Because he is DOMINATING the league (if there is a way to check transactions after a game has started, on yahoo I would love to know). And thinks he knows all there is to know about fantasy football. I guess I am just trying to "school" him a bit;)
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby suppasonic » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:42 pm

In my league we do .25 points per completion, but also -.15 points for an incompletion. That way, it evens out.
suppasonic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk