Florida vs Arkansas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Florida vs Arkansas

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:04 pm

Injury report for the Gators - 3 possibly out:

Gators may be without three starters against Arkansas
Nov. 28, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Fourth-ranked Florida could be without three starters Saturday night in the Southeastern Conference championship game against No. 8 Arkansas.

Dynamic freshman Percy Harvin, running back DeShawn Wynn and linebacker Earl Everett missed practice Tuesday and probably will be limited again Wednesday.

Harvin injured his neck Saturday at Florida State and was taken off the field on a stretcher in the second quarter.

"It's really not the head, it's just the neck," coach Urban Meyer said. "It went numb on him. It's just real sore right now, stiff."

Meyer said he was confident Harvin would play Saturday in Atlanta.

"I trust our doctors, and it's all positive," Meyer said. "He's so young. I think he's going to be ready by Saturday, but he's just got to practice, too."

Meyer was less optimistic about Wynn.

Florida's leading rusher has battled a shoulder injury all season, and it flared up against the Seminoles. Meyer said sophomore Kestahn Moore will start if Wynn can't play.

Everett hurt his left ankle against South Carolina and sat out the following week against Western Carolina. He returned against FSU, but tweaked the injury.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:21 pm

We need all three of those guys to play. Wynn can bulldoze people, Percy is too fast for anyone to catch, and we will need Earl to help stop that run.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby roninmedia » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Just stack the line and make Dick beat us. Easier said than done, but did anyone see how badly Dick played against LSU?

3/17 passing. :-°

Russell also torched the secondary early. Throw the bomb, Leak!
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:09 pm

Harvin will def play.
Everett will def play.
Wynn is questionable.

That is the word out of Gainesville.

The difficult thing about defending Arkansas is that they run a lot off tackle and straight at the secondary, it's a smart strategy. The run a lot out of their "wildcat formation" where Darren McFadden will lineup at QB in the shotgun, then Felix Jones (their other, less publicized RB who is also a stud) comes in motion. They can either snap the ball to Jones, snap it to McFadden and have him hand it to Jones, snap it to McFadden and have him run the ball, or snap it to McFadden and have him pass the ball. The formation was used a lot last week against LSU who has a solid DL, just like Florida.

I see Arkansas using a lot of the "Wildcat Formation" and the Gators DB's not being able to tackle them. The Florida safeties are both great tacklers and Nelson will be able to match anybody on the field's speed on the fast Georgia Dome turf. The problem for the Gators lies in their CB's and Nickelback. Florida CB's Lewis and Smith are both undersized and tend to shy away from tackling. They're not blue collar by any means. Then in 3 WR situations when nickelback Tremaine McCollum comes in, he is even worse. I see Felix Jones running wild against the Gators on their way to victory.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:23 pm

I think we can look at tape and hold them enough. I think Urban is going to need to make sure we Score and not get cute with our play calling as well. I think we have an advantage with our solid LB and Safties. I think our LB and S can stop the run, just need to try and make Dick beat us, b/c he sux.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:27 pm

My prediction:

Arkansas by 10+
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:54 pm

Ark 27
Fla 13

I can't see Florida having a chance given there play last week.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:12 pm

eman wrote:Ark 27
Fla 13

I can't see Florida having a chance given there play last week.

A score of 13 would assume 2 FG's and the Gators don't have a kicker (and it's "their", not "there" - must be a USC grad ;-) :-D )
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:38 pm

Agree with Rob...we don't kick FG's.

Eman- everyone points to the Gator's struggles the week before every game. The Gators are like the Colt's this year, they just win. We find ways, it may not be pretty but we get it done. (other than Auburn)

We will beat ark by a point when we block an XP. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:39 am

I need to double check my posts. :-o

Meant to be 14 for Florida, not 13. And hey, not cool making the jab at USC. ;-) They're a good school. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to College Football