Time to panic on Harrison? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to panic on Harrison?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to panic on Harrison?

Postby Favre.com » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:24 pm

Wayne is taking everything while Harrison gets doubled and is not producing whatsoever. On top of that I am terrified that he will be benched or at least limited week 16 (championship week).

What do you see from Harrison?

Does anyone have a source as to what IND is planning to do about benching players?

Trade for him? Trade him away?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:03 am

Definitely Panic.

He's got no trade value. At least not starter worthy trade value. Just wait it out and hope it goes well. He should be good for a few more weeks, and Baltimore is still nipping at the heels for home field advantage. Hope it stays that way. Playoffs are a lot of luck anyway.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Favre.com » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:56 am

skibrett15 wrote:Definitely Panic.

He's got no trade value. At least not starter worthy trade value. Just wait it out and hope it goes well. He should be good for a few more weeks, and Baltimore is still nipping at the heels for home field advantage. Hope it stays that way. Playoffs are a lot of luck anyway.

Are you being serious or sarcastic (since it's hard to tell online). The bolded part is hilarious so thats why I'm asking.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby King Colt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:11 pm

Panic for sure. This guy has NEVER been a gamer. O:-)

As for Indy resting players, I don't see it happening. We tried that last year and came out flat in the playoffs. That makes me very confident that we're going to try something different this season.

I'm confident we'll go full tilt (or at least 75%) to the end. I think Marvin will be fine. A must play in my book. I think he'll be particularly big this week. He always bounces back after a rough outing. Addai's play last week should make Jax {EDIT: i mean Tennessee} fairly run conscious, too.
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:01 pm

Indy wont have the luxury of resting players this year. Especially in week 16. Baltimore and SD are going to be right there with them till the end. It wont be clinched in week 16.

As for Marv, well I think we are seeing Wayne become the #1 right before our eyes. He just gets better separation right now. And with the Ds still focusing on Marv it's making it too easy to go to Wayne for Manning not to.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Battlecreek Dragon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:01 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:As for Marv, well I think we are seeing Wayne become the #1 right before our eyes. He just gets better separation right now. And with the Ds still focusing on Marv it's making it too easy to go to Wayne for Manning not to.

I think this is something that we all knew would happen some day. Wayne is six years younger and improving his play while Marvin has probably seen his best years.

Marvin's best years (yardage) were his 4th - 7th years of his 11 year career. Wayne's best year was his 4th and he is now in his 6th year, which will likely become his best year.

I think Wayne has become the #1 guy.
Battlecreek Dragon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby slowride » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:10 pm

In yahoo default scoring he's the #1 wr.....wayne that is. Great pick for those who nabbed him in the 3rd.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:16 pm

I wouldn't panic. Maybe that's cause I'm a wayne owner...but Harrison has flexed some serious skills this year, I think who gets what there is more luck than anything else, as well as the #1CB matchups Harrison has been garnering. I would never sit him, and even if your trade deaadline hasn't passed just hold on to him. Chad (also on my team) was declared washed up and a flash in the pan before he went off.
Start him in the playoffs with confidence.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benb18a » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:14 pm

I have no problem starting him automatically. He showed against the Patriots that he is still an elite WR; he is simply getting doubled, since opponents have to pick their poison, and apparently they would rather have Wayne burn them then Harrison. He could have a 3 TD game, or a 1 catch for 8 yards game, any week. I'm lucky I get to start 3 WRs and have good, reliable options for the other spots.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:26 pm

People were panicking over CJ, look what happened. Marvin will turn it around.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk