The U.S. Army wants you... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The U.S. Army wants you...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The U.S. Army wants you...

Postby stomperrob » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:24 am

...to join the Marines!
Lol, I was watching this show on the Military Channel tonight called: Making Marines: Marine Corps Boot Camp. It showed what recruits go through from the day they arrive until they graduate. Then they break to commercials and what comes on but: "This show is brought to you by the U.S. Army" - just struck me as really funny - the army sponsors lots of shows on this channel to get recruits but it seemed funny that they sponsored this one.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:43 am

Hey, if they want to spend their money for our benefit, go for it. ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:50 am

danielrp wrote:Hey, if they want to spend their money for our benefit, go for it. ;-D

Lol, maybe they thought once people saw how tough Marine training was they would want to join the army instead! ;-)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:10 am

I still remember getting off the bus and thinking what the heck did I get myself into. !+)

SGT Franco scared the crap out of me.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Re: The U.S. Army wants you...

Postby Karoz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:30 am

stomperrob wrote:...to join the Marines!
Lol, I was watching this show on the Military Channel tonight called: Making Marines: Marine Corps Boot Camp. It showed what recruits go through from the day they arrive until they graduate. Then they break to commercials and what comes on but: "This show is brought to you by the U.S. Army" - just struck me as really funny - the army sponsors lots of shows on this channel to get recruits but it seemed funny that they sponsored this one.

Actually, that's a smart move by the Army.

You watch the show, and see the hell that the Marine recruits go through. While watching, a lot of people think to themselves, "Wow, that looks tough. Not sure if I would want to go through the Marine Corps Boot Camp." Then, during the commercial break, you see an ad for an alternative way to join the military, the Army!
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dilydaly » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:48 am

SeaWolf wrote:I still remember getting off the bus and thinking what the heck did I get myself into. !+)

SGT Franco scared the crap out of me.

me too i was on the yellow foot prints thinking , wow only 90 days left.......lol

SGT Williams from P.I was a maniac 3rd battalion nut job
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:15 am

This would be pretty ironic and comical, knowing how competitive the different branches of the military are. I have a close friend who, until a couple years ago, I thought was retired Air Force. When I introduced him to someone who I knew was 'also' retired Air Force, he quickly corrected me. He was actually offended that I thought he was Air Force. He was retired US Army, and damn proud of it, thank you very much. !+)

Not having served, but being in an Air Force family (grandpa and dad), I still believe the ultimate branch, the one most admired by citizens and most feared by our enemies is the Marines. Though I do have a friend who is a Ranger and the stuff he's had to go through (sniper) is amazing. 8-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:31 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:This would be pretty ironic and comical, knowing how competitive the different branches of the military are. I have a close friend who, until a couple years ago, I thought was retired Air Force. When I introduced him to someone who I knew was 'also' retired Air Force, he quickly corrected me. He was actually offended that I thought he was Air Force. He was retired US Army, and damn proud of it, thank you very much. !+)

Not having served, but being in an Air Force family (grandpa and dad), I still believe the ultimate branch, the one most admired by citizens and most feared by our enemies is the Marines. Though I do have a friend who is a Ranger and the stuff he's had to go through (sniper) is amazing. 8-o

The list of forces from other countries, elite or not, who would not be concerned about facing the US Marines on the battlefield is quite short. :-b

All I can say is, I'm glad they're on our side. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:34 am

knapplc wrote:All I can say is, I'm glad they're on our side. ;-D

Thanks Knapp!

Oh, you meant the Marines. Yeah, they're pretty cool too.... :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Though I do have a friend who is a Ranger and the stuff he's had to go through (sniper) is amazing. 8-o

Rangers are pretty quick to distinguish themselves as better than the regular Army too.

I've got 2 friends, one a Army Ranger sniper and the other a Marine Force Recon sniper. You should see these two whenever we all meet. If an outsider saw these two go at it, competing at everything and arguing constantly, he'd likely think they hate each other. There were several incidents where bartenders and bouncers thought they were fighting and kicked us out of places. But the two guys are like brothers.

Hilarious stuff.

It kinda seems like the Army isn't using video games as a recruiting tool much anymore. What ever happened to that America's Army game?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk