Playoff Scenerio generator? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Playoff Scenerio generator?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoff Scenerio generator?

Postby mikemar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:44 am

I'm looking for something, even a basic excel where

where you put in the records and points and schedual left and it spits out what a certain team would need to make the playoffs

ie. if you win this week and lose next, you need team x and team y to lose both games

mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:01 pm

As far as I know there is no way to accomplish this without doing it by hand(spreadsheet). There is not a way to automate it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:33 pm

I don't think theres a generator, but if you post the records of everyone here on the cafe I'm sure someone will figure it out for you.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikemar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:46 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:I don't think theres a generator, but if you post the records of everyone here on the cafe I'm sure someone will figure it out for you.

well i can do that, but what be cool is like 4-5 weeks out, figure out how many wins you need to clinch a spot

obviously you can figure out if you win out how many wins you have and same for someone else

but if 2 teams in the hunt play each other you have to take that into affect

be a fun tool to have for the season, but i'm not going to spend the hours and hours to program one :)
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:18 pm

mikemar wrote:be a fun tool to have for the season, but i'm not going to spend the hours and hours to program one :)

Hours and hours?

You can just do the same thing that baseball teams do with their magic number.

1) Take the number of the games in your season (14 or 13, I'm guessing). Call that X. Take your current wins. That's W. Take your opponent's losses. That's L.

X+1 - W - L = Your "Magic Number"

This is your "magic number" which is the combination of your wins and your opponent losses that you still require in order to win.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikemar » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:34 am

Matthias wrote:
mikemar wrote:be a fun tool to have for the season, but i'm not going to spend the hours and hours to program one :)

Hours and hours?

You can just do the same thing that baseball teams do with their magic number.

1) Take the number of the games in your season (14 or 13, I'm guessing). Call that X. Take your current wins. That's W. Take your opponent's losses. That's L.

X+1 - W - L = Your "Magic Number"

This is your "magic number" which is the combination of your wins and your opponent losses that you still require in order to win.

well yeah i could do that, but if 2 teams in the hunt play each other, that would help me out more, and would want to reflect that somehow
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk