playoff roster positions strategy - need help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

playoff roster positions strategy - need help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

playoff roster positions strategy - need help!

Postby ultramagnetic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:51 pm

$ league, in 1st and headed for the playoffs. This is the last week where roster changes are permitted. I'm allowed one more move. Basically, I need to decide whether I want to:

a. Go into the playoffs with 3 QBs rather than 2 (best avail are Campbell and Brooks...or Bledsoe as a Romo handcuff).
b. Go into the playoffs with 2 Ks rather than 1 (best avail is Nedney).
c. Keep my roster as is.

Basically, I'm trying to determine whether it's more likely that both my QBs will go down, or that my one K will go down over the course of the playoffs. What do you think? Thanks!

My roster right now:
QBs: Brees, Romo
RBs: LaDainian, Chester Taylor, Addai, Droughns, Michael Bennett, Michael Turner
WRs: DJax, Santana Moss, Marques Colston (WR only), Jerricho Cotchery, Terrence Copper, Marcus Robinson
TE: Owen Daniels, Bo Scaife
D/ST: Broncos
K: Scobee
Last edited by ultramagnetic on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

¡Viva los Raiders!
ultramagnetic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:12 pm

Get another kicker. If Brees and Romo both go down, you are screwed anyway because you will lose a ton of production from that position by taking the WW guys. If your K goes down, you won't lose much by switching to a WW kicker, but the points he scores could mean the difference between winning and losing a game.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:35 pm

onnestabe wrote:Get another kicker. If Brees and Romo both go down, you are screwed anyway because you will lose a ton of production from that position by taking the WW guys. If your K goes down, you won't lose much by switching to a WW kicker, but the points he scores could mean the difference between winning and losing a game.

Agreed. It is unlikey you'd lose both QBs, and you'd have a big dropoff anyway. It's still a big gamble either way, but thats the way I'd do it.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk