Is my commissioner cheating? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Is my commissioner cheating?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is my commissioner cheating?

Postby coincatcher » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:56 pm

Hey guys -

I have a little event that happened to my league that involved our commissioner. I'm pretty sure he cheated, but I wanted to get more opinions from other Yahoo league commissioners and owners.

Our league waiver time is 2 days. So teams have 2 days to silent bid on players recently dropped, and added to the waiver list.

11/27 I DROP Sammy Morris to Waivers. He goes to waiver for 2 days. I also DROP Eli Manning.
11/28 - Commissioner changed Waiver list to reflect records. This is fine, as the 1st team got 10th pick, and last place teams gets 1st pick.
11/28 - Commissioner's team ADDS Sammy Morris from FREE AGENT list. Thats not right. Funny part is, Eli Manning who was dropped that same day, is STILL ON the waiver list for silent bids.

I'm pretty sure he cheated. What do you guys think?

Thanks a ton.
coincatcher
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:28 pm

sounds like cheating to me unless he had the first waiver priority in the first place and was just picking him up quicker. still, that definitely sounds like cheating.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby coincatcher » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:34 pm

I forgot to add something to my orig. post. He's in 2nd place, so he has the 9th waiver pick for the week.

Funny part is, his rank didn't change after he added that player. He's still 9th.
coincatcher
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby johnnyfb » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:12 pm

Shady. If you see it again, take screenshots on your computer and post them on you league bulletin board.
johnnyfb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:24 pm

Wait? For what? What do you need a screenshot for?

Just say, "Hey, I dropped Sammy Morris and he should still be on waivers but he's on the commissioner's team."

You don't need any more.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is my commissioner cheating?

Postby Karoz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:36 pm

coincatcher wrote:Hey guys -

I have a little event that happened to my league that involved our commissioner. I'm pretty sure he cheated, but I wanted to get more opinions from other Yahoo league commissioners and owners.

Our league waiver time is 2 days. So teams have 2 days to silent bid on players recently dropped, and added to the waiver list.

11/27 I DROP Sammy Morris to Waivers. He goes to waiver for 2 days. I also DROP Eli Manning.
11/28 - Commissioner changed Waiver list to reflect records. This is fine, as the 1st team got 10th pick, and last place teams gets 1st pick.
11/28 - Commissioner's team ADDS Sammy Morris from FREE AGENT list. Thats not right. Funny part is, Eli Manning who was dropped that same day, is STILL ON the waiver list for silent bids.

I'm pretty sure he cheated. What do you guys think?

Thanks a ton.

That is some blatant cheating right there. Notify the other members of your league, and demand that Sammy Morris be dropped, and that the commish lose his waiver pick for the week.

He knew he wouldn't be able to get Morris with his 9th pick, so he went ahead and picked him up. That isn't fair to the rest of the owners, and it completely destroys the point of waiver priority.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Two Words: Blatant Cheating :-t
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:13 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Two Words: Blatant Cheating :-t

Two more words. Global Warming. Cheating causes global warming...shame commish shame!
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby drinklime » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:49 pm

my commish cheated, i called him out on it, and no one cared.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby spodog » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:25 pm

Two words: Definitely Blatant Cheating.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting