IQ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

IQ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

IQ?

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:56 pm

so I took an IQ test and I'm only six points away from genius, im at 138, that's pretty good for a 15 year old I think, any of you guys ever done this?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Karoz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:24 pm

On the last IQ test that I took, I scored 147. The test was administered through a Columbia University affiliate.

With that being said, I don't think IQ tests are very reliable, when attempting to measure one's intelligence. In my experience, I have known several bright individuals, who are very intelligent, but didn't do particularly well on their IQ test. So, I wouldn't give the test more merit than it deserves, when it comes to judging intelligence levels.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:33 pm

IQ tests are fun. I'm not completely sold on them, but they do measure something. IQ tests, SATs, ACTs, GMATs, LSATs, GREs, etc., basically if you do well on one you generally do well on the others. And I would say fairly consistently. The people I know who did better me on some of them did better than me on pretty much all and the people I know who I did better on some of them I did pretty much better in all.

They're not the end all be all, but it's definitely better to be on the right end of the curve than the left.

But as far as doing well for a 15-year old? Your IQ is your intelligence measured against people your own age so your age is actually irrelevant. You should feel good, though. 138 is a pretty good score.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Haven't taken an IQ test ever, but scored a 30 on my ACT ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:00 am

"My name is Forest, Forest Gump".......

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:03 am

I never finished an IQ test. Never had one given to me in a test setting, always one of them free ones you find online so I get bored.

Scored a 33 on the ACT though, and a 1470 on the SAT.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:06 am

I try IQ tests for the hell of it every so often...normally I score between 135 and 145.

Judging by the amount of stat-heads we have here, I'm sure 75% of the people here could say the same thing. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kaveman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:50 am

I took an online one a long time ago and got a 151. Also about 5 years ago my gf of the time (now my wife) told someone else I wasn't a genius. So I went and took a MENSA test at Cal Tech and got in (pretty sure they only take 130 IQ and above), and now I like to throw it in her face (jokingly, of course). I never went to any of the MENSA events. I think they met at bars and restaurants and had scrabble tournaments and crap like that.
Anyways, all IQ tests really measure is how well you do on IQ tests.
kaveman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics ExpertPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sandrock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:32 am

The most intelligent person I've ever met scored 108 on the MENSA IQ test. I scored 138. I've figured they weren't accurate indicators of anything ever since.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:41 am

IMO their not that accurate I have taken two. One said I had a 129 and the other said a 150. So I have no idea which is right. I also agree with Karoz. I know very smart people that didn't supposedly do well on a IQ test.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk