IQ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

IQ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:33 pm

Amazing sometimes the tangents people can go on, LOL.

Personally, I never really went to DQ much because I've never been an ice cream person. I'll eat it, but it's never been something I went out of my way to get. Always stuck with the Oreo the few times I've had a Blizzard, but mostly because I'm not much of a candy person either.

Anyways, I'd like to say that I am smrt also. I've found myself alienating some of my friends sometimes because I get so amazed at some of the things people of lesser intelligence will say and believe, but at least I've actively tried not to be so condescending about it. That's one thing that's turned me off to some people in school who were "smart" according to certain tests, even if they didn't act that way towards me. A lot of smart people may feel isolated because of their intelligence, but a lot of times it's also because of their personality and/or lack of social skills. I dunno, maybe it was some kind of defense mechanism they developed when they were young and were teased for being smart or something.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:52 pm

My 13 year nephew is a really smart kid and kinda nerdy. He gets picked on a little and teased at school. I told him the next time one of those kids teases you for being a nerd just remind them that they'll be delivering a pizza to you about 20 years from now and they just lost their tip. :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Metroid wrote:I think the Heath ones are my favorite. ;-D

That's my favorite too Met. Good taste. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

WERD!!!! You know what else is really good? The Heath Coffee ice cream by Ben & Jerrys. Mmmmmm. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:18 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

WERD!!!! You know what else is really good? The Heath Coffee ice cream by Ben & Jerrys. Mmmmmm. ;-D

What's in it? Is there Heath Bar in there? I really like the crunch in the blizzard. Really makes it for me.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Horizons » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:12 pm

I was given an IQ test at about age 17 by a friend's dad who was getting his PHD. I scored a 146. That being said after graduating from SU I've spent 20+ years pounding nails for a living.
IQ tests? meh
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby josebach » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:41 am

Horizons wrote:I was given an IQ test at about age 17 by a friend's dad who was getting his PHD. I scored a 146. That being said after graduating from SU I've spent 20+ years pounding nails for a living.
IQ tests? meh

This guy I kind of used to be friends with a long time ago scored over 1400 on the SATs and decided to forgo college and go into the vegetation magagment business (cutting back trees and such).

After I graduated from college, I managed a tire store/auto repair shop for 4/12 years and was exposed daily to customers who assumed before meeting me that I was stupid.

The point is, you should NEVER judge anyone's intelligence based on their educational background or what they do for a living. Hell, there are people at my work with college degrees that speak and write like they live in the ghetto.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:50 am

josebach wrote:
Horizons wrote:I was given an IQ test at about age 17 by a friend's dad who was getting his PHD. I scored a 146. That being said after graduating from SU I've spent 20+ years pounding nails for a living.
IQ tests? meh

This guy I kind of used to be friends with a long time ago scored over 1400 on the SATs and decided to forgo college and go into the vegetation magagment business (cutting back trees and such).

After I graduated from college, I managed a tire store/auto repair shop for 4/12 years and was exposed daily to customers who assumed before meeting me that I was stupid.

The point is, you should NEVER judge anyone's intelligence based on their educational background or what they do for a living. Hell, there are people at my work with college degrees that speak and write like they live in the ghetto.

That's right. A good friend of mine is an independent contractor. He uses his hands to make a living, but is one of the most intelligent people I know. Not so much about science, politics, or history, but about construction. Seriously. He has so many unique ways of getting a job done perfect and quickly, it's amazing. And he loves to teach it to his employees. He's a younger guy, about 25 I think, and regularly shows much older men, with much more 'experience' how to do things better. He's had people simply standing around watching him work, just amazed at how he does things. Some would consider it cutting corners, and maybe it is, but the job gets done, gets done right, and gets done quickly. He's become very successful. It doesn't hurt that he loves what he does either. Point is, he's a very smart man performing tasks that some would think should be performed by the less intelligent. Not true at all. This guy would go nuts in an office.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Horizons » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:57 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
josebach wrote:
IQ tests? meh

That's right. A good friend of mine is an independent contractor. He uses his hands to make a living, but is one of the most intelligent people I know. Not so much about science, politics, or history, but about construction. Seriously. He has so many unique ways of getting a job done perfect and quickly, it's amazing. And he loves to teach it to his employees. He's a younger guy, about 25 I think, and regularly shows much older men, with much more 'experience' how to do things better. He's had people simply standing around watching him work, just amazed at how he does things. Some would consider it cutting corners, and maybe it is, but the job gets done, gets done right, and gets done quickly. He's become very successful. It doesn't hurt that he loves what he does either. Point is, he's a very smart man performing tasks that some would think should be performed by the less intelligent. Not true at all. This guy would go nuts in an office.

Wow! I'd didn't realize we knew eachother... :-D
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby Metroid » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

What's in it? Is there Heath Bar in there? I really like the crunch in the blizzard. Really makes it for me.

Yup it's like a heath bar smashed up in coffee ice cream. ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk