Ohio State is no longer #1... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Ohio State is no longer #1...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NittanyLions » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:23 pm

I've got a bandwagon friend, he's been riding bandwagons all his life, and for a few years it's been the OSU football one, now it's OSU basketball, too. I loved waking up and making sure he knew the score }:-)

I don't think you can count either team in or out of the final four, anything can happen, and it was a big first test, a lot will change during the season.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 9345
Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Happy Valley

Postby eman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:03 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
eman wrote:Both teams are overrated IMO. Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't think UNC can beat truly good teams consistently with only an overrated Hainsborough (sp?) to lead them.


Spoken like a true Duke fan. Do I need to remind you that you beat Indiana by 3 on your home court???? And you're supposedly a top 15 team. In case you didn't notice, Hansbrough wasn't the only one scoring last night.

Wait, what's that I hear....Hansbrough going for 27 & 10 vs. Shelden Williams in Durham. He went for 14 & 9 against him in Chapel Hill. He sure looks overrated to me.

And, for the record, Hansbrough is the real deal...and he is better than Noah.


Don't get your panties in a bunch. I never said Duke was good....they aren't...this year 'd be surprised if they make the elite eight, though I'm willing to bet they win it all at least one of the next 2 years after.

Exhibit one in why Hansborough is going to be UNC's downfall:
Against Gonzaga he went for only 9 points to go with 9 rebounds (And 0 assts/blocks). He has a bad game, and, would't you know it, the Heels lost. The kid's bound to have some bad games, and it seems at this point that UNC can't pick up the slack when Hansborough isn't playing well. Until UNC beats a good team on an off day for Hansbrough, I'll continue to doubt their chances at a Final Four or even an Elite Eight.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1392
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SoCal

Postby CC » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:42 pm

eman wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
eman wrote:Both teams are overrated IMO. Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't think UNC can beat truly good teams consistently with only an overrated Hainsborough (sp?) to lead them.


Spoken like a true Duke fan. Do I need to remind you that you beat Indiana by 3 on your home court???? And you're supposedly a top 15 team. In case you didn't notice, Hansbrough wasn't the only one scoring last night.

Wait, what's that I hear....Hansbrough going for 27 & 10 vs. Shelden Williams in Durham. He went for 14 & 9 against him in Chapel Hill. He sure looks overrated to me.

And, for the record, Hansbrough is the real deal...and he is better than Noah.


Don't get your panties in a bunch. I never said Duke was good....they aren't...this year 'd be surprised if they make the elite eight, though I'm willing to bet they win it all at least one of the next 2 years after.

Exhibit one in why Hansborough is going to be UNC's downfall:
Against Gonzaga he went for only 9 points to go with 9 rebounds (And 0 assts/blocks). He has a bad game, and, would't you know it, the Heels lost. The kid's bound to have some bad games, and it seems at this point that UNC can't pick up the slack when Hansborough isn't playing well. Until UNC beats a good team on an off day for Hansbrough, I'll continue to doubt their chances at a Final Four or even an Elite Eight.


So Hansbrough is overrated even though you think UNC isn't any good when he has a bad game? So wouldn't that just go to show how important he is to UNC (a top 5 team) and how talented he is.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:46 pm

eman wrote:Don't get your panties in a bunch. I never said Duke was good....they aren't...this year 'd be surprised if they make the elite eight, though I'm willing to bet they win it all at least one of the next 2 years after.

Exhibit one in why Hansborough is going to be UNC's downfall:
Against Gonzaga he went for only 9 points to go with 9 rebounds (And 0 assts/blocks). He has a bad game, and, would't you know it, the Heels lost. The kid's bound to have some bad games, and it seems at this point that UNC can't pick up the slack when Hansborough isn't playing well. Until UNC beats a good team on an off day for Hansbrough, I'll continue to doubt their chances at a Final Four or even an Elite Eight.


I was just pointing out that the "overrated" freshman Hansbrough thoroughly dominated your top 10 draft pick center last year...on his senior night.

Yes, Hansbrough is going to have some off days and the Tar Heels will lose. Hansbrough will have some great games and the Tar Heels will lose. It's a team game. I'm willing to bet that the Heels lose 5-6 games this year. I'm also going to bet that Hansbrough has many more good games than bad games this year. As I mentioned earlier, he only scored 21 of their 98 points so it's pretty obvious that other people are capable of stepping up. It didn't happen against Gonzaga, but it's going to happen more often than not.

Last year, Hansbrough failed to lead the Heels in scoring in 12 games. The Tar Heels went 9-3 in those games. They were 14-5 in games where he was the leading scorer. The supporting cast is better this year than last year. In March this team will be scary.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Faith, NC

Postby eman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:43 pm

I should rephrase. Hansbrough as a player isn't overrated, but people overrate UNC as a result of him being on their team.

We can wait for March to see if this team is "scary". I'd be willing to bet they don't make the Final Four though.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1392
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SoCal

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:10 pm

they did not deserve to be #1- they had played literally no one
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby Sandrock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:12 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:they did not deserve to be #1- they had played literally no one


That really doesn't matter too much, the new #1 won't have played anyone either.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby dgan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:12 pm

People sure are opinionated about college basketball...last time I checked, it is still NOVEMBER.

I don't know how you're all so confident as to who is overrated and who isn't. At this time of the year, coaches are still working on rotations, plays, and team identity. So much will change in the next 2 months. Save some arguments for February. :-b
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 pm

dgan wrote:People sure are opinionated about college basketball...last time I checked, it is still NOVEMBER.

I don't know how you're all so confident as to who is overrated and who isn't. At this time of the year, coaches are still working on rotations, plays, and team identity. So much will change in the next 2 months. Save some arguments for February. :-b


That's all true, but it's just as much fun to make the arguments now. Plus, there have been a few really good games so far and there are few more non-conference games worth watching before conference play begins. That's the beauty of college basketball.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Faith, NC

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:57 am

aldridg6in wrote:
dgan wrote:People sure are opinionated about college basketball...last time I checked, it is still NOVEMBER.

I don't know how you're all so confident as to who is overrated and who isn't. At this time of the year, coaches are still working on rotations, plays, and team identity. So much will change in the next 2 months. Save some arguments for February. :-b


That's all true, but it's just as much fun to make the arguments now. Plus, there have been a few really good games so far and there are few more non-conference games worth watching before conference play begins. That's the beauty of college basketball.


I suppose there may be a certain entertainment value to it. However, I prefer to make an argument that I feel strongly about based on what I know - not just making an argument for the sake of making an argument based on speculation of other people's speculation.

But by all means, I do not wish to spoil the fun. Argue away! ;-D
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:42 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact