Ohio State is no longer #1... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Ohio State is no longer #1...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aldridg6in » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 am

dgan wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
dgan wrote:People sure are opinionated about college basketball...last time I checked, it is still NOVEMBER.

I don't know how you're all so confident as to who is overrated and who isn't. At this time of the year, coaches are still working on rotations, plays, and team identity. So much will change in the next 2 months. Save some arguments for February. :-b

That's all true, but it's just as much fun to make the arguments now. Plus, there have been a few really good games so far and there are few more non-conference games worth watching before conference play begins. That's the beauty of college basketball.

I suppose there may be a certain entertainment value to it. However, I prefer to make an argument that I feel strongly about based on what I know - not just making an argument for the sake of making an argument based on speculation of other people's speculation.

But by all means, I do not wish to spoil the fun. Argue away! ;-D

If I didn't feel strongly about it I wouldn't be making the argument. From the posts in the prediction thread there are lots who agree. Obviously from this thread, there are some who don't.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:55 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
dgan wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
dgan wrote:People sure are opinionated about college basketball...last time I checked, it is still NOVEMBER.

I don't know how you're all so confident as to who is overrated and who isn't. At this time of the year, coaches are still working on rotations, plays, and team identity. So much will change in the next 2 months. Save some arguments for February. :-b

That's all true, but it's just as much fun to make the arguments now. Plus, there have been a few really good games so far and there are few more non-conference games worth watching before conference play begins. That's the beauty of college basketball.

I suppose there may be a certain entertainment value to it. However, I prefer to make an argument that I feel strongly about based on what I know - not just making an argument for the sake of making an argument based on speculation of other people's speculation.

But by all means, I do not wish to spoil the fun. Argue away! ;-D

If I didn't feel strongly about it I wouldn't be making the argument. From the posts in the prediction thread there are lots who agree. Obviously from this thread, there are some who don't.

I said feel strongly about based on what I know...not just anything I feel strongly about. I feel strongly that UFO sightings are not aliens, but actually time capsules of our own race coming back from the future. But since that isn't something I know, it really doesn't matter how strongly I feel about it, I would never make that argument for fear of looking like a crazy person.

My point is that, I have seen probably about 20 teams play this year, and only a handful more than once. How could I possibly make an assessment of who is under or overrated when I haven't seen a large majority of teams even play a game? So unless you've seen all the top teams play as well as many of the conference foes they'll be facing this year, you're basically just making wild speculation. As I say, that can be fun, but let's not get carried away.

Just kidding about the UFO thing.......maybe. 8-o
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:10 am

eman wrote:Both teams are overrated IMO. Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't think UNC can beat truly good teams consistently with only an overrated Hainsborough (sp?) to lead them.

For those scoring at home...Hansbrough had only 7 points in the win over Kentucky today and was thoroughly dominated on both ends of the court by Randolph Morris. Tyler had a really bad game. But, since UNC won by 12 I could care less. It's a good sign that we beat a NCAA tournament caliber team with our star having such a bad game. Looks like we have some players capable of picking up his slack.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:15 am

dgan wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:If I didn't feel strongly about it I wouldn't be making the argument. From the posts in the prediction thread there are lots who agree. Obviously from this thread, there are some who don't.

I said feel strongly about based on what I know...not just anything I feel strongly about. I feel strongly that UFO sightings are not aliens, but actually time capsules of our own race coming back from the future. But since that isn't something I know, it really doesn't matter how strongly I feel about it, I would never make that argument for fear of looking like a crazy person.

My point is that, I have seen probably about 20 teams play this year, and only a handful more than once. How could I possibly make an assessment of who is under or overrated when I haven't seen a large majority of teams even play a game? So unless you've seen all the top teams play as well as many of the conference foes they'll be facing this year, you're basically just making wild speculation. As I say, that can be fun, but let's not get carried away.

Just kidding about the UFO thing.......maybe. 8-o

I don't think I've called anyone overrated to this point. Other people have called UNC overrated so I've put my two cents in. I'm opinionated about Carolina basketball because 1) I went to school there and 2) I 've followed the team since I was 4 or 5 years old. I've watched all of their games this year so I can give assessments of where I think they're at.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:21 am

Kentucky is a decent team, so seeing them pick up the slack when Hansbrough was flat out awful is somewhat convincing. I still don't think they're a final four team, but I do see them having a chance at success after showing they dont need the sophomore to win. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to College Football