How will the weather affect tonights game. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How will the weather affect tonights game.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby D3C4K » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:07 pm

JeRmZ wrote:in this case would you play Winslow sunday over Heap tonight? And can you really trust the weather reports 100% ..... they say
1-2 inches of rain and watch .... it won't rain a drop.

Any Cincy natives that can give us a headsup on the weather as of say 7:00??? ;-D

Here's a by-the-hour forecast for Cincinnati. From the looks of things, it won't get really bad until after midnight.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/hourbyhour/USOH0188?from=36hr_topnav_home

Man, what a great time to need Palmer, CJ and Jamal to lead me to victory and a playoff spot over the highest scoring team in our league! ;-7
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:10 pm

D3C4K wrote:
JeRmZ wrote:in this case would you play Winslow sunday over Heap tonight? And can you really trust the weather reports 100% ..... they say
1-2 inches of rain and watch .... it won't rain a drop.

Any Cincy natives that can give us a headsup on the weather as of say 7:00??? ;-D

Here's a by-the-hour forecast for Cincinnati. From the looks of things, it won't get really bad until after midnight.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/home/hourbyhour/USOH0188?from=36hr_topnav_home

Man, what a great time to need Palmer, CJ and Jamal to lead me to victory and a playoff spot over the highest scoring team in our league! ;-7

Jamal should actually have a good game. I would be worried about Palmer and CJ though.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:33 pm

Palmer might be ok since Rudi could likely get stuffed by the Balt defense, forcing Cinci to pass. However a lot of those passes will be going short-mid range to Housh, with less than normal looks for Henry and CJ (All just speculation, obviously).
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby D3C4K » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Just found out that Cincinnati weather is an extention of the storm system that's about to hit us in Chicago (which I wasn't paying attention to until now). We're looking at 6" to over a foot in snow when everything's said and done, so while that probably won't affect this game, I'd keep an eye on the weather this Sunday for games in midwestern locations (KC @ Cle, Min @Chi, and Ind @ Ten come to mind) just to be safe. :-o
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dunbar2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:23 pm

so weather wont get REALLY bad till later? Anyone know how it is now? I just checked weather.com and it said hellish winds 20-30 at first, then 50-60 later on tomorrow MORNING. As for TONIGHT, it says rain for sure tonight, getting harder later. How bad is it now people in Cinci? Anyone?

I am in huge game for a playoff spot, do I start Graham who mgiht get a ton of FGs due to Balt D tightening up OR do I pick up Scobee?

Suggestions would be VERY much appreciated.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:29 pm

How bad is it now people in Cinci? Anyone?

For the love of God, someone please answer this man's question.
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:34 pm

Im in Columbus (about an hour and a half NE of CIN for those Geographically challenged), and its really not bad here...just a slight drizzle. If you look at the doppler, CIN is really on the outskirts of the storm, and remember, that the stadium is rigt on the river, so its the southern part of CIN.

Im playing all my guys in the game.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dunbar2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:36 pm

Hey FFPlayin MOFO, thanx :)

AND Flux, thank you for the update. Graham is a go. Problem is my opponent has Chad J.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:44 pm

Alright. I'm playing Palmer with confidence then ;-D Hoping that Palmer + Jamal outscore Heap, McNair, and Baltimore. I'm just hoping no turnovers from the Cinci team ;-D.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Flux, thanks.

Cincy is on the outskirts of the bad weather, but it looks like there might be some heavier stuff moving in around halftime.

FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk