Return to College Football

The Great American Bowl-Out

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Great American Bowl-Out

Postby Ambroc » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:39 am

* If you agree with GABO, please post this message elsewhere *

FF Cafe Friends,

It is time.

Too long have the corruption and manipulation of the NCAA and its proxies eroded the integrity of Division IA College Football. Starting next year, those fans dedicated to shedding the yolk of the BCS and the flawed Bowl system must join together.

We will not buy tickets to a bowl, we will not buy merchandise, we will not watch these bowls on television – we will not support the current Bowl system in any way, no matter how much we wish to support our schools. We shall initiate the Great American Bowl-Out (GABO) until such time that a sixteen team play-off is instituted in Division IA Football.

Spread the word through the internet, through pamphlets, in the media and at the dinner table.

If logic cannot kill the BCS-Bowl System monster, financial starvation must do.

Join the GABO. The debate is over; the time for action is approaching.

Your devoted ally in this cause,

Ambroc, the Badger

p.s. When asked how you feel about the BCS and the Bowl System, simply say, “GABO.”
GABO - The Great American Bowl-Out
Ambroc
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:01 am

Wrong forum - try College Sports
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Ambroc » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:29 am

My bad, switching over!
Ambroc

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:44 pm

I like the BCS. A playoff would be terrible for any school with longstanding tradtion.

Example: Ohio State and Michigan this year. If there was a playoff, they would probably sit thier starters. Terrible. Same thing for conference championships, and other rivalry games.

Not to mention, the BCS does exactly what it is supposed to do. Decide between teams with the same record to see which is better.

Not to mention, the minute there is a playoff, the same controversy happens for the last playoff spot.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:17 pm

Nice idea, but keep walkin'.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Luca Brasi » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:24 pm

I can get tickets for $50 to see NIU in the Poinsettia bowl (airfare to San Diego is another story).

If there was a playoff, there is not a chance in hell I'd get to see my Huskies in postseason play.

I'll take the bowl games over the playoffs this year. Most other fans of "non top 10 teams" probably agree with me.

On another note: If USC plays OSU, I'd love to see Michigan vs. California in the Rose bowl for traditional purposes, but its probably not going to happen.

"Why is a Fighting Illini considered politically incorrect, but not a Fighting Irish?"
Luca Brasi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Ambroc » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:32 pm

16 Team tournament does not mean that other teams may not play in a bowl.

You may have bowls out the yin-yang, but the vast majority agree that a play-off is necessary to decide the national championship.

Heck, you can call the play-off games bowls if you want!

Luca Brasi wrote:I can get tickets for $50 to see NIU in the Poinsettia bowl (airfare to San Diego is another story).

If there was a playoff, there is not a chance in hell I'd get to see my Huskies in postseason play.

I'll take the bowl games over the playoffs this year. Most other fans of "non top 10 teams" probably agree with me.

On another note: If USC plays OSU, I'd love to see Michigan vs. California in the Rose bowl for traditional purposes, but its probably not going to happen.
Ambroc

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:53 pm

Ambroc wrote:16 Team tournament does not mean that other teams may not play in a bowl.

You may have bowls out the yin-yang, but the vast majority agree that a play-off is necessary to decide the national championship.

Heck, you can call the play-off games bowls if you want!

Luca Brasi wrote:I can get tickets for $50 to see NIU in the Poinsettia bowl (airfare to San Diego is another story).

Thats likely not going to happen. It will probably be a 4 teamer or plus-1 model.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:36 pm

I see a 4 teamer in the not-so-distant future, but mark my words they will never switch to a 16 team playoff, at least not in our lifetimes. Even an 8 teamer would be a stretch.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to College Football