Tomlinson wants cut of fantasy winnings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tomlinson wants cut of fantasy winnings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tomlinson wants cut of fantasy winnings

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:14 am

From Fanball
11/30 10:11 Chargers: Tomlinson wants cut of fantasy winnings
The News
LaDainian Tomlinson is well aware of how much he's helping fantasy owners, and he discussed the issue with Buffalo media on Wednesday as the Chargers prepare to face the Bills. "For the most part, they always tell me how many touchdowns and yards they need to win their game this week," Tomlinson told the Buffalo News of his fantasy-playing friends. "It's never what I've done, it's what can you do for me now?" When asked if he thought his buddies should cut him in on their winnings, he laughed and replied, "Oh yeah, definitely. It's like owning a team. Our owner pays us. It's only right that they should pay me, too."

Our View
As long as L.T. keeps scoring three or four touchdowns per game, thankful fantasy owners probably wouldn't have a huge issue with floating him a small percentage of the pot.

LOL...

I know some people have mentioned that LT/2 deserves a percentage of fantasy earnings because he's carried so many fantasy football teams this season, but it's pretty funny that he's aware of it and able to joke around about it.

So, anyone planning on sending LT/2 a check?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:39 am

If Tomlinson can convince the LT owner to trade him to my team... I think I could manage a little kickback LT's way.

LT, if you're reading this, give me a call.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:19 pm

Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:01 pm

Dear LT,

I'm not giving you a penny. It would set bad precedent, you see, because I'd have to pay up to McNabb for carrying my team in the third and fourth weeks of this season--you know, the ones where you were all-but-shut-down by the Ravens and Steelers?--and Addai for giving me a lot of breathing room in the standings by boosting my "points-for" last week.

Tell you what, though: I'll pay you the eight dollars (twenty percent of my winnings) that I figure you're "owed" in the form of lunch at Five Guys...if you'll take time in our restaurant to eat it and give me the signed paper bag. Deal?

Sincerely, Jack--owner of the John Henry Thunder
Thanks to madaslives911 for this graphic from his site...
MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE THOSE CHAINS, MOVE!
Jack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:08 pm

Jack wrote:Dear LT,

I'm not giving you a penny. It would set bad precedent, you see, because I'd have to pay up to McNabb for carrying my team in the third and fourth weeks of this season--you know, the ones where you were all-but-shut-down by the Ravens and Steelers?--and Addai for giving me a lot of breathing room in the standings by boosting my "points-for" last week.

Tell you what, though: I'll pay you the eight dollars (twenty percent of my winnings) that I figure you're "owed" in the form of lunch at Five Guys...if you'll take time in our restaurant to eat it and give me the signed paper bag. Deal?

Sincerely, Jack--owner of the John Henry Thunder

That's awesome.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby spodog » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 pm

Thomlinson left a voicemail message for the guy who owns him in our league asking for a full 15% of his winnings.

Amazing.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:42 am

I guess he didn't remind you how his name is spelled while he was at it. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:26 am

LOL! This is awesome...

This sucks, though. This week, I could have started a top 10 fantasy player at each position, including a top 5 player in 7 of 9 positions.

If all those guys start demanding a cut, I'm not going to have anything left...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby BigMusky » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:27 pm

I have a playoff clause in out agreement, so if he does not put up 20pts in both weeks 15/16 he gets nothing.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:22 pm

LMAO, indeed he has saved my team the past 4 years, but considering he has millions, I think I'll keep my earnings. ;-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk