Anybody else amazed at all the cheating going on? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anybody else amazed at all the cheating going on?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:22 pm

I'm not surprised. The more popular FF gets and the more money that's pumped into it, the more cheating that will go on I think.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:39 pm

Azrael wrote:I'm not surprised. The more popular FF gets and the more money that's pumped into it, the more cheating that will go on I think.

There's also a huge amount of the younger generation that are starting to get into it. Now I'm not trying to pin the young guys out there as cheaters themselves, but I'm not suprised about it. I'm just finishing up college here and the thing is, every is trying to get ahead. If that means they have to cheat they will try to get away with it. I haven't dealt with the cheating in any leagues that I've ever been with for fantasy football. No matter what this will keep coming up, Just try and find a group that you'll trust and play with them for years to come ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:36 pm

Stuff like this happens every league- I hope though that these aren't cafe leagues, because that would suck if they are.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jagator73 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:43 am

This is my first year as a commish, and I haven't seen any outright cheating, but i've learned a lot about what to prepare for next year, such as putting caps on things like add/drops, and trades.
I've got a guy in my league that has about 80 add/drops, and has harassed people with trade offers non-stop all year, and had a few questionable ones go through, which leads me to my new outlook on "league votes". I don't think I'm for that anymore either.
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Carnac » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:10 am

I play in money leagues with people that know each other and have never seen any cheating going on. Occasionally, we will have someone make an unethical move. We let the offender know immediately and usually doesn't happen again. In the 3 leagues I play in (2 football and 1 baseball), it is usually the same 2 guys that try to bend the rules or take advantage. But, we keep them pretty straight just by peer pressure. One case I posted on this forum.
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:29 am

There are a lot of cheating threads. It saddens me.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk