Deep Sleepers for the playoff run... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deep Sleepers for the playoff run...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deep Sleepers for the playoff run...

Postby CeeLoGreen » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 am

I am in a 16 team league and am looking for ideas for players that might contribute during fantasy playoffs.

Im thinking guys like M. Bennett (LJ is on pace for his most carries and Herm may want to save him a little for the real playoffs)

J. Norwood (If the Falcons keep sliding, they may want to get an extended look at Norwood for next year)

Anyone have any others? Is there any websites that focus on larger league sleepers?
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CeeLoGreen » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:54 am

I think C. Houston and C. Fason can be added to this list. Anyone else have some opinions???
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:47 am

Maybe take a look at the 2 Cleveland back ups Jerome Harrison and I can't remeber the other guys name, they have a chance of doing something, although its a small chance.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:27 am

I think Fason will succeed if he gets a chance. But I doubt Chester is out more than a week.

Earnest Graham might be worth a look in deeper leagues. He signed a contract extension on Monday, then outrushed Caddy yesterday on half the carries. Caddy's problems from earlier in the year could mysteriously "get worse" and give Graham a good shot.

I am not sure what is up with Ron Dayne in Houston or Marcel Shipp in Arizona, but in deep leagues they should be added.

Maurice Hicks and Buckhalter are two that should be added in case nagging injuries get worse. Moats could re-emerge, but as a Philly fan, I'm kind of doubting it - he hasn't even been suiting due to his boneheadedness on special teams.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Cutler

He didn't wow anyone in his first NFL start, so he should be available. Denver has nice cushy passing matchups in the FF playoffs with the exception of SD, but even in that one, they will need to pass to try and compete.

14 - SD
15 - ARI
16 - CIN

By the time the playoffs come around, he may no longer be a sleeper.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:35 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Cutler

He didn't wow anyone in his first NFL start, so he should be available. Denver has nice cushy passing matchups in the FF playoffs with the exception of SD, but even in that one, they will need to pass to try and compete.

14 - SD
15 - ARI
16 - CIN

By the time the playoffs come around, he may no longer be a sleeper.

I'm guessing anyone who had room or need for the extra QB depth grabbed him up when he got the starting job, although San Deigo and Cincy aren't exactly the worse Defenses hes still a decent start.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby LT FAN » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:50 pm

Brandon Marshall, the number three WR for Denver. He had an awesome catch an run on Sunday night for a TD. He had worked all year with Cutler on the second team offense...they seem to have a real connection between them. He looks explosive and Denver at this point is looking for any kind of spark.
LT FAN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guru13 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:15 pm

norwood for sure, he's obviously got alot of talent and keeper and dynasty leagues is probably already picked up and if not pounce on him, also, and this may seem absolutely ridiculous, don't look too far past mike williams, yes the mike williams that has but one catch this year, he's slowly getting back into the offense, now even though you said you were looking for playoff guys this year, Im expecting him to come around more next year.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BGbootha » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:33 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:norwood for sure, he's obviously got alot of talent and keeper and dynasty leagues is probably already picked up and if not pounce on him, also, and this may seem absolutely ridiculous, don't look too far past mike williams, yes the mike williams that has but one catch this year, he's slowly getting back into the offense, now even though you said you were looking for playoff guys this year, Im expecting him to come around more next year.

I have had man-love for this guy since the preseason...there is only one problem!!!!!!!! Warrick Dunn isn't going anywhere
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby KOSTAS » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:12 am

BGbootha wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:norwood for sure, he's obviously got alot of talent and keeper and dynasty leagues is probably already picked up and if not pounce on him, also, and this may seem absolutely ridiculous, don't look too far past mike williams, yes the mike williams that has but one catch this year, he's slowly getting back into the offense, now even though you said you were looking for playoff guys this year, Im expecting him to come around more next year.

I have had man-love for this guy since the preseason...there is only one problem!!!!!!!! Warrick Dunn isn't going anywhere

Sure he is.... he will do a great job as a change of pace, 3rd down back (ala Marshall Faulk when SJax showed up) to wind down his career.

It's going to be the Norwood show next year. Can't keep that kind of talent down for long.
KOSTAS
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk