I LOVE SNOW!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I LOVE SNOW!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:27 pm

Love my snow! Cept when going to a important place!But whippin' shitties is where it's at! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
stomperrob wrote:I get a kick outta places that get a few inches of snow and everything shuts down - here in the great frozen north, Alberta, we could get a couple feet of the white stuff and nothing would shut down - kids still go to school and everyone goes to work! It's really not that tough to get around in the stuff.

Heard a comedian say once (paraphrased), "In Texas, when they get an inch of snow, everything shuts down. In the Midwest, you can still find your golf ball."

It doesn't even take an inch - the mere threat of inclement weather (snow, sleet, etc.) and they'll start closing schools, etc. It's really funny.

North Carolina is the same way. We had just a little sleet right before Thanksgiving and everyone was freaking out. Unfortunately, we don't get much snow. It's almost always ice. That's real fun to drive around in.

You remember the HUGE ice storm we had in December of 2001? When the Food Kitty lost power? That was incredible!

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:32 pm

The_Captain wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
stomperrob wrote:I get a kick outta places that get a few inches of snow and everything shuts down - here in the great frozen north, Alberta, we could get a couple feet of the white stuff and nothing would shut down - kids still go to school and everyone goes to work! It's really not that tough to get around in the stuff.

Heard a comedian say once (paraphrased), "In Texas, when they get an inch of snow, everything shuts down. In the Midwest, you can still find your golf ball."

It doesn't even take an inch - the mere threat of inclement weather (snow, sleet, etc.) and they'll start closing schools, etc. It's really funny.

North Carolina is the same way. We had just a little sleet right before Thanksgiving and everyone was freaking out. Unfortunately, we don't get much snow. It's almost always ice. That's real fun to drive around in.

You remember the HUGE ice storm we had in December of 2001? When the Food Kitty lost power? That was incredible!

Yeah, I remember that. I remember waking up in the morning and seeing the ice outside and jumping back in the bed. I didn't find out until later that the building had lost power. Gotta love that ice.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Captain » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:33 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah, I remember that. I remember waking up in the morning and seeing the ice outside and jumping back in the bed. I didn't find out until later that the building had lost power. Gotta love that ice.

I think only a handful of us from the Store Systems group actually braved driving on the ice that morning. It was cool b/c we earned a day off for making the "sacrifice" for the company.

I'll tell you what though, my wife was not happy I went in that morning....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:39 pm

The_Captain wrote:I think only a handful of us from the Store Systems group actually braved driving on the ice that morning. It was cool b/c we earned a day off for making the "sacrifice" for the company.

I'll tell you what though, my wife was not happy I went in that morning....

I earned a day off, too...but that's because I decided not to drive around in the ice. I didn't have to "sacrifice" anything. You IT guys need to learn how the system works.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:02 am

Snow is good... that is until it gets all nasty and brown on the side of the roads. Ewwww! %-6
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:31 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Snow is good... that is until it gets all nasty and brown on the side of the roads. Ewwww! %-6

I convinced my son it looks like that because they put brown sugar on the roads because salt is too hard on the vehicles! :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby awwchrist » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:37 pm

stomperrob wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Snow is good... that is until it gets all nasty and brown on the side of the roads. Ewwww! %-6

I convinced my son it looks like that because they put brown sugar on the roads because salt is too hard on the vehicles! :-D

that's awesome! duping your kids = ;-D

We left for Tgiving and just missed snowy weather in the NW. Got to michigan and it was 60 and sunny the entire 8 days we were there. Left Michigan to come back home, and just missed the huge midwest snow/ice storm by 24 hours.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:42 pm

It's like 60 degrees and raining here. I cant wait for snow though!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:26 pm

Well, the weather people finally got it right (24 hours off) and we've got our first snowfall of the year. It was fun for like 5 minutes, until I had to shovel that crap off the driveway. 14 inches of snow, and my snowblower's mouth is only 8 inches.
:-o
Started at 12 noon, just finished at 2pm. UGH.....

You guys living in areas that don't get much snow may have to deal with people who aren't used to it, but here in the midwest, any hint of snow and the plows come out to dump tons of salt all over the place. Terrible stuff for your car. Sometimes they dump so much before the snow, that it becomes a road hazard. I don't know how many times my car almost slid out of control after hitting a huge patch of road salt.

I'm officially back to hating snow. :-t
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk