T.O. criticizes Parcells - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. criticizes Parcells

Moderator: Football Moderators

T.O. criticizes Parcells

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:52 pm

Owens decided to go public with his opinion that Parcells was wrong to let Vanderjagt go. He does like to stir the pot!

COWBOYS NOTES
Owens says cutting Vanderjagt unjustified
By RICK HERRIN
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER
IRVING - Don't count Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens among those in favor of Mike Vanderjagt being cut.

Owens was close to Vanderjagt and talked with him after his release Monday.

"Obviously, he hasn't played well, but I didn't think that warranted him to be cut," Owens said. "Personally, I don't agree with it."

Owens pointed to Vanderjagt's statistics of making 12 of 15 (80 percent) field-goal attempts before the Indianapolis game. But Vanderjagt , missed two kicks against the Colts and barely made a 22-yarder against Tampa Bay.

Owens supported Vanderjagt on Wednesday, unlike many of his teammates who agreed with the decision.

"I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us," Owens said. "Whoever made that decision, I'm pretty sure they're hoping the same thing. I hope he doesn't regret it."

Owens also pointed out he has cost the Cowboys in games this season and is still on the roster. He dropped a potential touchdown pass against the Washington Redskins.

"I feel like I have lost some games and I'm still here," Owens said.

Also, Owens said he has not heard from the NFL offices regarding his touchdown celebration against Tampa Bay on Thanksgiving Day.

After scoring, Owens put the football in a giant Salvation Army kettle positioned behind the end zone.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benb18a » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:00 pm

I support the decision. The truth is, Vandershankt is not the elite kicker he once was. That wide right really mentally destroyed him, and he has obviously not been the same since. Anybody notice how he always misses to the right now? I know how it is to go through something that traumatic, and never fully recover from it, although this was in a different sport. I'm just glad we didn't put any games on his leg this season, except the one he had blocked by a huge white wall of jerseys, obviously not his fault. I think the whole team knows it, and Parcells knows it. His career is not going to recover; you don't just cut any kicker who is in a little rut, especially one you just signed for over 5 million.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mrblitz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:08 pm

Wheter Owens agrees on Vandy being cut, is one thing. But he knows he's wrong by going public with it.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:15 pm

mrblitz wrote:Wheter Owens agrees on Vandy being cut, is one thing. But he knows he's wrong by going public with it.

It's not like he can reverse the decision by pouting about it to the public. He's just being a girl, and yes, blasting his superiors who made the right choice, is not a very smart/right move. I'm not surprised though. But of course TO exhaling will get more press coverage than Strahan supposedly calling out Plaxico in public.

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slowride » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:24 pm

That'll teach Romo to hog the spotlight.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Munboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:08 pm

slowride wrote:That'll teach Romo to hog the spotlight.

For sure! For the past couple weeks, when people talk about Dallas, they talk about Romo and not TO. HOW DARE THEY!!! :-P
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:22 pm

I don't think these comments are that bad. Vanderjagt is having problems, but he still has a history of being a good kicker. I don't think it's out of line for TO to say so.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 pm

I don't think it'd be out of line for Dallas to show TO the door after this season is over.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:18 pm

What did you expect- you knew it was coming eventually.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby benb18a » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I don't think it'd be out of line for Dallas to show TO the door after this season is over.

That may be the case for a lot of teams. But remember, they never kicked out WRs who raped women and were coke addicts.

2011:

benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk