T.O. criticizes Parcells - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. criticizes Parcells

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby spodog » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:54 pm

newsflash: we don't care what Owens thinks of this topic either.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:20 pm

this is the media taking TO out of proportion again. the article title is misleading. TO criticized a decision made by parcells, not parcells himself. i think TO loves this though; he gets all the attention once again.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:33 pm

I was wondering when TO would be back to his good old self. I was starting to get worried :-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:12 pm

TO is absolutely right, though.
Martin Gramatica???
The average for FG's made now hovers around 80% in the NFL.
The last two years Gramatica kicked fulltime(2003, 2004), he was hitting around 60%.
Vanderjagt has hit 72% this year. Which is definately a bad, bad year for him (about 90% prior to this season).
Seriously, you're going to eat a big (kicker-wise) contract to bring in a much lesser Gramatica?!!!????
Just stupid in my opinion.
You can hate on TO all you want, but he's absolutely right in this instance.
A perplexing, boneheaded move by the Cowboys.
:-t
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:56 pm

TTTBone wrote:TO is absolutely right, though.
Martin Gramatica???
The average for FG's made now hovers around 80% in the NFL.
The last two years Gramatica kicked fulltime(2003, 2004), he was hitting around 60%.
Vanderjagt has hit 72% this year. Which is definately a bad, bad year for him (about 90% prior to this season).
Seriously, you're going to eat a big (kicker-wise) contract to bring in a much lesser Gramatica?!!!????
Just stupid in my opinion.
You can hate on TO all you want, but he's absolutely right in this instance.
A perplexing, boneheaded move by the Cowboys.
:-t

First off, I want to say that the title to this thread is very misleading. He doesnt criticize Parcells directly at any time during that thread. He is simply supporting Vandy (probably should have supported him when he was still a teammate not after he is cut).

I've seen a couple Dallas games this year and Vandy has just been atrocious. The Pitt playoff game has killed this guy mentally. Jerry made a huge risk in signing this guy and it backfired. And when your going for that playoff push, can you really have an unreliable kicker. Now granted, Martin isnt going to have the great range, but at least you know he can hit a 30 yarder (cant say the same for Vandy - he barely hit a 22 yarder). Sure, Vandy has had a great past but where has that been this season? Can you honestly say that Vandy is a reliable option anymore? I'm not sure I even want him kicking the extra point in the playoffs.

And TO comparing himself to Vandy is just ridiculous - a WR who is still putting up huge numbers is not going to get cut for one dropped pass.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:00 pm

I bet Tuna is loving TO these days. Cutting the kid who can't kick striaght isn't so much the issue that TO is concerned with as much as cutting a highly paid vet bugs him. That hits to close to home. He played it perfectly for Tuna and the Cowboys. Said enough for the lame reporters to run with, while never really saying anything.

Sure Parcels is hoping this doesn't come back to haunt them. Not exactly deep thinking there. But the simps reporting the story are putting this above other issues.

TO taking heat off of Romo can't be a bad thing. Just let the guy keep winning games and dating Jessica Simpson. Life is good if your Romo.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk