Making sigs into someting more.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Making sigs into someting more..

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Making sigs into someting more..

Postby mrblitz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:11 pm

As I was checking out my awesome sig. (Thanks Proud skins fan), it dawned on me how cool it would be , if we could somehow make our sigs into Posters, or something. There are alot of really great sigs here, and I'm curious if it's even possible, or if anyone else feels the same way.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:49 pm

a poster sized graphic would take an extremely high quality/large render to begin with. the ones we typically use for sigs and walls work well because we dont have to make them bigger. if you blow them up to poster size the quality would look like crap. we ran into this problem when the graphic guy in our crew for my TV show went to make us a banner/logo for the backdrop on our set. it took quite a lot of work to track down photos that would work well...and on top of that the ink for that stuff is insanely expensive. luckily we were sponsored so it didnt cost anything to us, but for the normal person, you are much better off just buying a premade poster. :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:45 pm

You could probably make it into something that is around the size of two pieces of paper or maybe even a little bigger without losing quality. So you could have a mini poster ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby m16a » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:17 am

my guess is thts what blitz meant.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:56 am

The problem wouldn't be making the sigs bigger, the problem lies in the fact that Sigs are made at 72 ppi. High quality posters are going to be around 300-400(more likely the latter end). Decent print, like most of your home printers print off of 150ppi but some can put in 200-300ppi. Your looking at 1/4 of the quality you would want for a decent poster. It could work but your most likey going to have a poster with probably about 1000+ sigs. Think about it, if you wanted to be at 300ppi your average sig is going to be 1.3"x .3" that's pretty small...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to Contests and Showing Off