Joseph Addai (Dynasty thoughts) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joseph Addai (Dynasty thoughts)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joseph Addai (Dynasty thoughts)

Postby dmacblue » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:04 pm

Where can you see him going in a 12 team PPR dynasty league?

With Rhodes likely gone, does Addai start reaching up towards the level of Edge in his Indy days?

Is Addai a better dynasty option than say Ronnie Brown?

Thanks for your thoughts

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby slowride » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:43 pm

With the system addai is in and the players around him i'd say he's a better option that Brown. Ds don't respect Harrington QUITE as much as that peyton guy either.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:51 pm

He's up there with guys like Gore and SJax IMO. Those guys are at their peaks right now, and Addai is showing that there are greater things to come. When he gets the start outside of an RBBC, I think he'll post LJ-esque numbers, or at least close to it.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:35 pm

i don't know about addai being better than ronnie brown in a dynasty league. the colts are at the peak of their team right now, and in the next few years they really can only go down because of salary cap issues....all of their players will get expensive fast. Addai will be good, but i don't think he'll be that total stud.

ronnie brown right now is at a low point. the dolphins can only go up, and will rebuild their team, especially their o-line. and it's not like harrington is the franchise QB, culpepper will have a whole nother year to rehab, and next year the dolphins should be better.....it really can't get worse. ronnie is also only 1 year older than addai.

i think next year, and maybe the year after, addai can put better numbers, but several years from now ronnie will overtake him. Peyton, Harrison, and that O-line won't be around in Indy forever.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:04 pm

I don't know where I would put him, but top 10 for sure.

I do have him in BOTH my dynasty leagues and looking forward to many years of him starting for me.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:32 pm

As long as Peyton is there, which I assume will be for at least 5-6 more years, Addai will have the potential to put up some big numbers. I'd say he is more Edge than LJ, but definitely has 1st round written all over him for some years to come.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:18 pm

Keep him- he is young, and getting better and better every week.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:53 pm

So next year's draft, were would you rank Addai? Late 2nd? Early 3rd or 4th? What other RBs would you take before Addai?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby dmacblue » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:27 am

So next year's draft, were would you rank Addai? Late 2nd? Early 3rd or 4th? What other RBs would you take before Addai?

Thanks for everyones thoughts.

This was my initial reason for asking too. I am leaning towards him being a top 10 player in a dynasty, no way he goes to the 3rd or 4th rounds i dont think.

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby skinsfan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:26 am

He'll probably float in the top 12, but from my point of view, as long as Manning, Wayne, and Harrison (or whoever they replace him with via the draft once he retires) are running that offense, the RB will always be set up to succeed and should have few injury concerns. For this reason, I only place him below the likes of the very top runningbacks, namely Portis, Johnson, Tomlinson, Jackson, Ronnie Brown, and maybe Maroney (forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone, but you get the idea).
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk