Mice! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mice!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby vitalogist » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:50 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:Best place to put the trap is against the wall where you think it travels around often.

Along a wall is best. ;-D

I'm curious...why keep these mice alive? They're much easier to dispose of dead.

When I was a kid we had mice in a barn that would get trapped in a bucket of feed. We'd fill a separate bucket with a couple inches of water (just enough so they couldn't reach bottom) and toss them in. They'd swim around for while and finally stop. It was a pretty sick and cruel thing to do, but we rid the barn of the mice. O:-)

wow no crap! not surprising - you made examples outta 'em!
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:23 am

One of the first houses I lived in after graduating and moving to Eugene was this old victorian style home. What a freaking dump! It was an awesome party pad but the place was a real ship hole, we had mice coming out of our ears...literally. One night as I was dead asleep I felt something run across my arm and over my face! I jumped out of bed and tore my bed apart searching for the critter! My roommates came downstairs wondering what the flip was going on. Long story short, the three of us ended up drinking and....uh smoking(this was a long time ago)and posted up in the living room with a pellet gun. We threw a piece of bread on the kitchen floor and left the lights on. We left the rest of the house was dark and waited, it didnt take long. I swear we sat in the living room for hours drinking, chatting, smoking and taking turns sniping mice off in the kitchen. Seriously one of us would shoot a mouse and hand the gun off, and before you could get the gun pumped and reloaded....another mouse would appear. Nasty.

I have great memories of that place. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:37 am

Yes. Please leave them alive so they can breed a hundred more mice to infest more dorm rooms...

But whatever you want. That trap you have is too elaborate. Don't bother with the trail of food. Just find something more shallow and put the food right in it, with a short ramp or step so they can get in. Something about nine inches deep, like a large bowl, is ideal. Cover the inside with vaseline or WD40 or something really slippery. Mice can't/don't jump up, so if they can't crawl up the sides they can't get out.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:27 am

Metroid wrote:One of the first houses I lived in after graduating and moving to Eugene was this old victorian style home. What a freaking dump! It was an awesome party pad but the place was a real ship hole, we had mice coming out of our ears...literally. One night as I was dead asleep I felt something run across my arm and over my face! I jumped out of bed and tore my bed apart searching for the critter! My roommates came downstairs wondering what the flip was going on. Long story short, the three of us ended up drinking and....uh smoking(this was a long time ago)and posted up in the living room with a pellet gun. We threw a piece of bread on the kitchen floor and left the lights on. We left the rest of the house was dark and waited, it didnt take long. I swear we sat in the living room for hours drinking, chatting, smoking and taking turns sniping mice off in the kitchen. Seriously one of us would shoot a mouse and hand the gun off, and before you could get the gun pumped and reloaded....another mouse would appear. Nasty.

Man, that sounds like an awesome fun time, seriously. Would have been a better time, probably, if each of you had a gun, but fun nonetheless. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:31 am

Yeah, Met, that does sound fun - except for the part where you had to live with the critters you couldn't shoot. :-P
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:57 am

Kill the mouse, no one will think that you are inhumane for doing so. and after you kill a couple and leave were the lie. their buddies will figure that it's best not to go to your room any more.

I lived in a country house a while back with a bunch of friends and of course there was always a grease jar on the stove.
mice would periodically get in the grease jar and well die.

Once we found one in the bong. :-P
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:21 am

Metroid wrote:One of the first houses I lived in after graduating and moving to Eugene was this old victorian style home. What a freaking dump! It was an awesome party pad but the place was a real ship hole, we had mice coming out of our ears...literally. One night as I was dead asleep I felt something run across my arm and over my face! I jumped out of bed and tore my bed apart searching for the critter! My roommates came downstairs wondering what the flip was going on. Long story short, the three of us ended up drinking and....uh smoking(this was a long time ago)and posted up in the living room with a pellet gun. We threw a piece of bread on the kitchen floor and left the lights on. We left the rest of the house was dark and waited, it didnt take long. I swear we sat in the living room for hours drinking, chatting, smoking and taking turns sniping mice off in the kitchen. Seriously one of us would shoot a mouse and hand the gun off, and before you could get the gun pumped and reloaded....another mouse would appear. Nasty.

LOL! I have a very similar story... My first pad out on my own was a total DIVE... It was in one of the crappier parts of Tallahassee, but it was 5 bedrooms for $800 a month, so me and my buddies took up residence... Well, within about a month, we discovered an abundance of rats - not mice - RATS! These little bastards got mighty brave over time, and would raid the bag of dog food we had in the kitchen in the middle of the day... So, eventually we started setting up ambushes... We'd put a few pellets of dog food in the middle of the floor and set up a snipers nest with a pellet gun in the living room and wait... It didn't take long for them to come out and try to snag some food, and we'd try to blast them before they could get back under the cabinets... We bagged 5-10 of them over the course of a few weeks, but there were always more... Eventually they chewed through the wiring in our refrigerator and we had to resort to living out of a dorm fridge... Which worked out ok, because the only thing we ever had in the fridge was beer, anyways...

Fun times... On a side note, when we moved into this place a local band had just moved out... We came to find out later the band was Creed, and when VH1 did a rock-u-mentary on them, there was a lot of home video footage of them practicing in our rat hole...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Leber » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:26 am

Well thanks for all the suggestions. After our first homemade traps failed we went out and got some real mousetraps. Over Friday and Saturday nights we caught and killed 3 mice. Since then we haven't seen or heard anymore in our room. ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:41 am

Wait, how can a college student afford Milanos. I can't even afford them now and I have a "decent" paying job. 8-o
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:15 am

Leber wrote:Well thanks for all the suggestions. After our first homemade traps failed we went out and got some real mousetraps. Over Friday and Saturday nights we caught and killed 3 mice. Since then we haven't seen or heard anymore in our room. ;-D

I thought you didn't want them dead?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk