Fantasy Playoffs Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Playoffs Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Playoffs Thread

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:38 am

For many leagues, this is the final weekend of the regular season, meaning playoff hopes are being realized and dashed on every play in every game this weekend. What are some interesting notes from your league?

Amazingly, we could have a 6-way tie for the final 2 playoff spots in our league! Only 30% of our teams will finish with a winning record. And it isn't because they are bad, but because there is SO much parity.

We basically have two teams (one of which is mine, thankfully) that did a good job and got a lot of luck, and are way out front. Everyone else is beating each other up. It's always been close, but this year it is ridiculous!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:38 am

Last year I won my league, knocking out the points leader in the final game of the season to get the bye. He was eliminated by the underdog in the 1st round, and I won the whole thing.

This year, he is in my division (again) and we are both tied for 1st with 10-2 records. He is the points leader. Deja vu . . . we are playing each other again this year (this week) on the last game of our season, winner gets the bye (byes are seeded by division champs 1st, then by record).

:-o ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:28 am

Amazingly, I am in first or second place in all my leagues, but have only clinched (1) playoff spot... Damn competitive leagues...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:27 am

clinched the #1 or #2 spot in one league.

clinched the #3 or #4 spot in another.

Playing for division lead this week, if I lose I am out of playoffs in 3rd league. That team has been devasted by injuries and really a testiment to my ability to draft depth the fact that team is even in contention.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:30 am

Playing for the division title and 1st round bye in 2 money leagues...playing for next year in the other money league
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby dgan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 pm

So the Commish finally figured out our playoff scenario. He said it took him two hours.

If we have a 6-way tie for the final 2 playoff spots, apparently our extended tiebreaker system works as follows:

First, the tiebreakers are as follows: Head to head, Division Record, Points.

Second, your place in your own division will determine your standing for the playoffs. If you're last in your division but win the tiebreaker with everyone in the other division, everyone else in your division gets a shot to go before you.

Third, remaining division leaders go up against each other. This means that the head to head winner of the top remaining team in each division will go. So if the top remaining NFC team beat the top remaining AFC team, the NFC team will get a playoff spot. Then the next remaining NFC team, if they beat that same AFC team, would get a playoff spot, and so on until all the spots are filled.

Having said all of that, there are 16 possible scenarios that could unfold this weekend. Rather than list them all, I'll give a rundown of who stands the best chance of getting in:

He then went on to list what your percentage is of making the playoffs if you win vs. if you lose. Thank God I'm 10-2 and don't have to worry about it.

CRAZY! 8-o
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:14 am

A win this week and I finish in 2nd and get a bye....8 out of 12 are still in it....no stinkers or run-a-ways in the league this year. This is the 3rd year the same teams have been together which is nice b/c everyone is getting better and making it alot more competitve.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Humpback » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:49 am

I've found that the larger the league, the more parity exists. Usually in a 8 or 10-team league, 1 or 2 teams are obvious favorites. I'm in a 14-teamer, and I get the #1 seed with a win this week, but I'd get the #4 seed with a loss because of tie-breakers. There are 5 teams with a chance at the 6th and final playoff spot going into the last week of the season.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby benb18a » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:03 pm

In a 12 team league, I am 7-5 and tied for second in my division. I'm about 100 points behind the other second place guy, so winning a tiebreaker is improbable. I just have to keep on getting lucky(I have won 4 straight), as I face this guy this week, and then in the finale next week I face the first place team, who is 8-4. I could win out and possibly win the division, after being 3 games behind him 4 weeks ago, or I could very well end up losing this week and be eliminated from the playoffs :-?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jvmillion83 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:27 pm

My work league consists of 14 teams. There is an 8 team playoff format. From 6th to 10th place, everyone currently has a 6-6 record, including my team (overall point leader in the league) and the smallest point leader in the entire league.

I'm facing one of the 6-6 teams this weekend and also the low point leader is facing one of the other 6-6 teams this weekend, so both winners will be guaranteed in. If the 5th 6-6 team loses this weekend, me and the next 6-6 team in points will automatically be in, but if they win, then they will get in and the winners of the 2 matches will take up two of the final 3 spots.

Its actually possible that I could lose, that 5th 6-6 team win, and the low point total also wins this weekend. That would mean that the:

Point leader in the entire league misses the playoffs with 6-7 record

The Low point total in entire league makes the playoffs with a 7-6 record

How about that?
jvmillion83
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk