Fantasy Playoffs Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Playoffs Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benb18a » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:44 pm

The point leader in one of my leagues was out last week. He has McNabb, Westy, KJ and still lost four games in a row, not including last weekend when he got whooped without KJ and McNabb. The LJ and LT owners are 3rd and 5th in points, and are both 4-7-1. I guess luck matters more than I thought it would.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KK_Cowboy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:18 pm

I am in a 10 teamer and any one of seven teams could would wind with the 3rd and the 4th playoff spots with two weeks to go. That will be cut down after this week however based on the matchups this week.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tclangham » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:57 pm

I am making the Playoffs in both of my 10 team ESPN leagues.

In my one league I am 8-3-1 playing the guy tied with me for the division lead. Only problem is it doesnt matter who wins or loses. The way things are going in the other division me and this guy will finish with the #2 and #3 playoff positions and play each other next week in the playoffs.

In my other league I am 8-4 and am stuck in the #3 playoff postion. So either I play a low scoring just barely made it in the playoffs team(not likely) or I play the league leader in points with their LJ and West combo :-o . I have LT2 and Dunn/T. Henry(matchup). So my first round playoff games with the LJ and Westy owner should be a high scoring 90 something to 90 something affair.

I cant wait!
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:03 am

I just realized that the team fighting me for the #1 seed only has one starting QB on his roster - Garcia. :-o

The other QBs on his roster are/were Leftwich, Plummer, Warner. If this guy gets a first round bye, it will be a crime. There is no way he could win three playoff games in a row with Garcia. He needs to lose this week (and I need to win) for me to steal the #1 seed and first round bye from him.

Game face time... :-#
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby ateam » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:55 pm

Classic showdown today!

Final week of regular season for my 14 team leauge, I'm in 6th spot (top 6 advance, 1st 5 have clinched and I'm tied with 4 teams at 6-6, though 2nd in league in points) and I play team in 7th. Winner advances to final spot, loser is done! :-o

To top it off, he's going with Cutler tonight (McNabb owner, very deep league), and I will counter w/ Hass, Branch, and SEA DEF, so tonight's game will be HUGE!!! ;-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cardiac cats » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:09 pm

I've clinched a playoff spot in all 3 leagues I'm in.

8 teamer $ league I'm 11-1 , #1 seed and clinced a 1st round bye.
8 teamer keeper league I'm 5-7 in 6th place but have already clinched the final playoff spot.
12 teamer(my main league) I'm 9-3, clinched 1st place, overall points leager by nearly 400 points :-o , and hope to dominate come playoff time ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Well, my 7-5 team got outscored by LT, Droughns and Holt; that team is done. I started Addai over Dillon, and Dunn over Edge, I made a good run but it's over :~(

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:44 pm

In one 10 team league there is a 3 way battle for the 7th and 8th playoff seeds. The top 8 make the playoffs. Luckily for me, Reggie Bush went off today and I'm most likely going to be 7th.

In my other league, next week is the last week of the regular season and the top 4 make the playoffs. I'm currently in a tie for 4th, but I'm going to be leading the league in points after this week so I feel good about my chances should I need a tiebreaker.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:47 pm

got a couple teams that need to win to clinch a playoff spot, and ive got a couple others that i need to win and get a little help to get in.

ive also got another team that can get in if i win, have the other 5-7 teams ahead of me lose, have the 6-6 team lose, and outscore him by about 160 points. :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby MinorityAuthority » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:03 pm

I got really lucky this week and last

Last week the team I played had Henderson (25 pts) on his bench and Chris Chambers did nothing this week. This week Chambers goes off.

I'm playing first place this week who basically cruised the whole year. Gore & Winslow did squat for him. As of now, Andre Johnson isn't doing anything either. I beat him by almost 50 points. He also had the first pick in the draft and took LJ, you can guess who I took. ;-D
MinorityAuthority
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk