Weather INFO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weather INFO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flexnsa » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:41 pm

So is playing Willis McGahee a bad idea??

I have him starting over Kevin Jones but with all this snow talk, I'm having 2nd thoughts.
flexnsa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:44 pm

flexnsa wrote:So is playing Willis McGahee a bad idea??

I have him starting over Kevin Jones but with all this snow talk, I'm having 2nd thoughts.

McGahee is sick, I believe. Watch his status before your game:

THE NEWS
Willis McGahee missed practice on Friday because of an illness, but head coach Dick Jauron told the Associated Press he should be ready to play on Sunday against the Chargers
Our View
This doesn't sound like anything serious, but we'll be sure to check in on McGahee over the weekend. He's not the strongest of plays this weekend against a very good Chargers run defense, but anyone who had his two touchdowns sitting on their bench last week will likely start him on Sunday to avoid being burned again.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:06 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:I'd expect the Green Bay and NYJ game to be a low scoring affair as well.

Any reason? Forecast is 24° and partly cloudy. It's like any other game in Green Bay in December.

I was under the impression that there would be some snow. Not to mention, the Jets have been impressive on defense lately but abysmal on offense.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:06 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Steelers game might be low, not because of the weather, but because it's rained like crazy today, and the field continues to get chewed by HS playoffs and Pitt. Usually makes a sloppy game, even if the teams still get enough tracking to score.

god those high school games always make the field total sh*t come sunday. they should just have the steelers play on teh road that week from now on.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:41 pm

I put little importance on weather predictions until at least 24 hours beforehand. They're wrong so often, that it's surprising sometimes when they get it right. Take Chicago for instance. Predicted a huge snowstorm for Thursday on Monday and Tuesday, but they were 24 hours off. Thursday night they were saying Friday morning, which is when the snow came.

Anyways, snow only affects football games if it is coming down during the game. If it comes before, field crews just clean it up and the only thing that matters is the temperature, at least for warm weather and dome teams.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Humpback » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:46 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Humpback wrote:A 30% chance of few snow showers starting at 3 p.m. are going to have a big impact, slick? I went to school in Buffalo, so obviously I know this weather forecast can (will) change, but if it went as forecast now, the weather would have zero impact.

Snow and no snow are the same thing?

What school was this in Buffalo? You get your GED there?

WTF are you talking about "snow and no snow are the same thing"? According to the hour by hour forecast, there WAS a 30% chance for "few snow showers" starting at 3 p.m., nothing before that. As I pointed out, that has already changed, but there's still only a 30% chance for flurries or few snow showers. Nothing that would make me change my mind on starting or benching a player. Being the blockhead that you are, feel free to base your decisions on a few flurries, "like any other game in Buffalo in December". Stop polluting this thread. You've wasted enough space already.

The bottom line is, check the weather Sunday A.M. and if bad weather is predicted, make adjustments accordingly.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Football Talk