This sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

This sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

This sucks

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:08 pm

My wife and I have had this sweet old cat for 17+ years. She's older than both our kids (17 and 14). So... she wanders off and we can't find her. Her health was failing, as expected for her age. Everybody says that a cat'll go off away from home to die. It's been three nights and it's been cold, so we're 99% sure she's dead. We can't find her. My wife, who LOVES that cat is distraught. In short, this sucks.

Sometimes the Cafe = a place to bring your sorrows. :,-(
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:17 pm

Cats are natural outdoors animals, so even though it's been cold it may not mean anything. I know animals sometimes go off to die, but that doesn't mean that's the case this time.

If, however, it is, then my condolences to you and your wife. :-/
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:17 pm

Thats too bad. Sadly I think your right about it wandering off to die. Dogs will do the same thing. But you never know cats are pretty tough little critters she may show up on your doorstep tonight. If the worst has happened maybe for Christmas you could bring your wife home a new kitty to cheer her up. You guys hang in there though. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Metroid wrote:Thats too bad. Sadly I think your right about it wandering off to die. Dogs will do the same thing. But you never know cats are pretty tough little critters she may show up on your doorstep tonight. If the worst has happened maybe for Christmas you could bring your wife home a new kitty to cheer her up. You guys hang in there though. ;-D

Thought of that. ;-D
(she likes the ones with the flat faces)

Unfortunately, this old cat was such a home-body, that I'm pretty sure she's a goner. Just not like her to be away from home. She was senile, health failing, can't hear, can't see, hardly able to walk... just very very old. The wierd thing is, I keep imagining to hear her voice, or see her out of the corner of my eye. Going nuts, I guess.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:27 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:Thats too bad. Sadly I think your right about it wandering off to die. Dogs will do the same thing. But you never know cats are pretty tough little critters she may show up on your doorstep tonight. If the worst has happened maybe for Christmas you could bring your wife home a new kitty to cheer her up. You guys hang in there though. ;-D

Thought of that. ;-D

Unfortunately, this old cat was such a home-body, that I'm pretty sure she's a goner. Just not like her to be away from home. She was senile, health failing, can't hear, can't see, hardly able to walk... just very very old. The wierd thing is, I keep imagining to hear her voice, or see her out of the corner of my eye. Going nuts, I guess.

Yeah thats sad I'm sorry. I think a Christmas kitty would do you all some good. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The_Captain » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:50 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:

Thought of that. ;-D

The persian cats are my wife's favorite too - strangely we don't have one, just two black PITA's.

Sorry to hear about your cat - it's amazing how much a part of the family animals become.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:53 pm

:-/ I'm sorry to hear, but that's a long life for a cat, at least she lived it well. One of our cats is 15 and I've pretty much grown up with him since I was about 3. He's got lymphoma and is in pretty bad condition. It's sad, but not the worst thing that could happen.
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:57 pm

thats really tough. i hope you find out soon, whether it be one way or the other. not knowing is really hard to deal with. :-/
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation. I know how it feels when someone loses a pet. Hang tough ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:20 pm

I really feel for you and your wife. I have 2 dogs, and I am dreading when there time is up. I treat them like my children. And the one in particular is literally my best friend. My condolences. Just think of all the happy times. :-/

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk