This sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

This sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:59 pm

good luck, I hope all things work out. Maybe your cat went on a little hunting trip.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:48 am

my condolences toward you man, thats gotta be tough. Never actually had pets, but something you can have that emotional connection with must be so hard to lose. Chin up, think of all the happy times.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:55 am

I think it's reassuring that your kids are old enough to understand what has happened. I'm sure it doesn't take away from the pain of loss, but if they were younger than they are it could be even tougher than it is. She lived an awfully long time. You'll always have that.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:23 pm

17+?

My parents finally had my kitty (I say "my" because she was mine when I lived with them - moving out with my eventual wife I had to leave her behind because she wouldn't have done so well in an apartment with a Rottie and a Shepherd) put to sleep at about that age last year :,-( She had stopped eating and didn't go outside anymore and she kept climbing into the air vents (a few of them had no cover and she used to use the vents to go from room-to-room when the doors were closed) and staying there all day and my old man was worried she might die in there which would have been a bit of a problem...

Sorry to hear about this - it's always worse when you don't know for sure...

I'll second the Christmas kitty suggestion ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:27 pm

Hopefully the cat shows up or someone finds her. A few years ago we moved and my daughter's cat who was really shy and a one-person cat got freaked out by all the confusion of the move and took off and didn't come back. A year and half later we got a call from the SPCA that they had found her, about a week before Christmas - best present my daughter ever received! Hope things work out.
;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:41 pm

stomperrob wrote:Hopefully the cat shows up or someone finds her. A few years ago we moved and my daughter's cat who was really shy and a one-person cat got freaked out by all the confusion of the move and took off and didn't come back. A year and half later we got a call from the SPCA that they had found her, about a week before Christmas - best present my daughter ever received! Hope things work out.
;-D

Wow a year and half! 8-o I wonder where it was that whole time, traveling? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Hopefully the cat shows up or someone finds her. A few years ago we moved and my daughter's cat who was really shy and a one-person cat got freaked out by all the confusion of the move and took off and didn't come back. A year and half later we got a call from the SPCA that they had found her, about a week before Christmas - best present my daughter ever received! Hope things work out.
;-D

Not sure, never could get her to 'fess up where she'd been, lol - like I said she was really shy but maybe eventually she let someone take her in and then eventually took off again - didn't look like she'd been living in the wild all that time though.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:14 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Metroid wrote:
;-D

Not sure, never could get her to 'fess up where she'd been, lol - like I said she was really shy but maybe eventually she let someone take her in and then eventually took off again - didn't look like she'd been living in the wild all that time though.

How did the SPCA know she was yours? Did she have a microchip or something? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:49 pm

Well, @!!#&!%@#!&#!!&#!@&$!!&@%!!!!!!

Here's a great way to get to know your neighbors... "Hi there. We live down the street, and our 17 year old cat is gone. We think she went off to hide and die. Do you mind if we dig through all the bushes in your backyard and try to find our dead cat????" Six yards later and still no Squeeky. An old lady from the church says that she had probably done a mighty fine job of hiding herself.

F'n sucks! I'm not an emotional person, but I'm a wreck. Never had a pet so long, and have never been a 'cat person' but I'll certainly learn to sympathize with others when their family is going what we're going through.

Geez... It's only a cat, right?????????
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mrblitz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:56 pm

Damn, I'm still hoping for a miracle, that your cat actually shows up. I can't even imagine your dilemma. The not knowing one way or another is enough to drive you crazy. Keep your hopes up and hopefully, all will turn out ok.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk