This sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

This sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:58 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Well, @!!#&!%@#!&#!!&#!@&$!!&@%!!!!!!

Here's a great way to get to know your neighbors... "Hi there. We live down the street, and our 17 year old cat is gone. We think she went off to hide and die. Do you mind if we dig through all the bushes in your backyard and try to find our dead cat????" Six yards later and still no Squeeky. An old lady from the church says that she had probably done a mighty fine job of hiding herself.

F'n sucks! I'm not an emotional person, but I'm a wreck. Never had a pet so long, and have never been a 'cat person' but I'll certainly learn to sympathize with others when their family is going what we're going through.

Geez... It's only a cat, right?????????

not after 17 years man. i lost my cat of 18 years last year. tough tough time. good luck in your search.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:39 am

Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Hopefully the cat shows up or someone finds her. A few years ago we moved and my daughter's cat who was really shy and a one-person cat got freaked out by all the confusion of the move and took off and didn't come back. A year and half later we got a call from the SPCA that they had found her, about a week before Christmas - best present my daughter ever received! Hope things work out.
;-D

Wow a year and half! 8-o I wonder where it was that whole time, traveling? :-b

Not sure, never could get her to 'fess up where she'd been, lol - like I said she was really shy but maybe eventually she let someone take her in and then eventually took off again - didn't look like she'd been living in the wild all that time though.

How did the SPCA know she was yours? Did she have a microchip or something? :-?

Ear tatoo from our vet.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:02 am

Not looking forward to the day, which must be very close now, when our dog moves on. My wife and daughter are going to take it really hard, which is not going to make my life very pleasant. And, goshdarnit, I admit I like the old lazy mutt too!

Getting attached to pets...why do we do it? Good luck man.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: This sucks

Postby Karoz » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:14 am

Nfl Fan wrote:My wife and I have had this sweet old cat for 17+ years. She's older than both our kids (17 and 14). So... she wanders off and we can't find her. Her health was failing, as expected for her age. Everybody says that a cat'll go off away from home to die. It's been three nights and it's been cold, so we're 99% sure she's dead. We can't find her. My wife, who LOVES that cat is distraught. In short, this sucks.

Sometimes the Cafe = a place to bring your sorrows. :,-(

17 years, I imagine that it would be tough to lose her.

I doubt that this will make you feel any better, but try to think of it this way. If the worst case scenario turns out to be true, and she is dead, then at least she isn't suffering right now. She would have gone somewhere to die peacefully.
Karoz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: This sucks

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:18 pm

Karoz wrote:I doubt that this will make you feel any better......

Actually, you've all helped. Thanks, Cafe.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:10 pm

sorry to hear about your loss man...ive went through the same thing with a dog before and i understand the grief.

hopefully your cat will show back up....that often happens...but if not, i am in agreement of getting a new kitty for christmas.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 pm

Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Hopefully the cat shows up or someone finds her. A few years ago we moved and my daughter's cat who was really shy and a one-person cat got freaked out by all the confusion of the move and took off and didn't come back. A year and half later we got a call from the SPCA that they had found her, about a week before Christmas - best present my daughter ever received! Hope things work out.
;-D

Wow a year and half! 8-o I wonder where it was that whole time, traveling? :-b
That's some "Homeward Bound" shite! :-b ;-D

Sorry to hear about your cat I got one that's 18+ and she is in her final stages! Been here my whole life gunna miss her when she goes, but when she goes a night of drinking will do me good!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:24 am

We had a cat hitch a ride underneath our car from our house to our relatives hotel, about 10 miles. As soon as we stopped the car and had that hotelroom door open (exterior entrance), this cat just darted right inside, scared out of its mind. We drove on gravel roads and highway and she stayed under there the entire time. Needless to say, we let her ride up front with us on the way back.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk