Week 13 GC: Minnesota @ Chicago - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 13 GC: Minnesota @ Chicago

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby joeH » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:11 pm

Anyone have an update on Taylor?
joeH
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tol1l1yboy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:23 pm

Anyone that watched the game today shouldn't be surprised at how poorly both starting qbs played. The wind was swirling all day and it basically turned both offenses into mush. Grossman was bad for sure but two of his interceptions werent his fault. The one he threw downfield to Berrian got caught in the wind but Berrian had one on one coverage on the outside and had a couple steps on the defender. The ball just died in the air and it was a pick. The second pick was a tipped ball due to Grossman being 5'10" or whatever and the lineman tipped the ball and then the linebacker made a nice int.

Johnson looked pretty bad as well but 2 of his 4 picks were off tipped balls.

I thought for sure Lovie was going to bring in Griese to start the second half. Grossman got booed most of the afternoon after it became obvious that he wasnt going to be leading the Bears to victory.

The defense really saved the Bears this game and Benson and Jones both had some nifty runs to get them the victory.

After Taylor injured his ribs Fason came in and looked pretty good though Tommie Harris and Devin Harris were both out so the Bears defense wasn't playing at full strength. Basically the 3rd and 4th quarter any run up the middle went for big yards b/c Minnesota's line was just pushing the tackles around and Fason was able to cut back.

It will be interesting to see how the Bears defense responds in the next few weeks b/c they have already clinched the division and you figure they wont play as well but at the same time the defense has to get better against the run or else a team like Seattle (should they make the playoffs) will be able to run at will against the Bears...never mind the big play receivers that always seem to haunt this defense and the cover 2.
tol1l1yboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Bears win and clinch the division, but the win leaves me with a feeling of dread concerning the offense. Grossman posted another horrible game, and at home to boot. Didn't really seem feasible in my opinion to yank Rexy for Griese during the game, but the coaches need to seriously think about it during the week for the next game.

I've been as staunch a Grossman supporter out there, but he's regressed since September. At the very least, my suggestion from last week still stands. Dust off the old Orton playbook and force Rex to start off from the beginning again. This offense cannot carry the team in the playoffs playing the way they are right now, and I want to see the Bears win a playoff game for once in the new millenium.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting