Week 13 GC: Dallas @ NY Giants - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 13 GC: Dallas @ NY Giants

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:45 pm

Favre.com wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Yes baby. Romo Go bang Jessica for me

After that stat line I doubt she'd do it...

Seriously, I'm glad this Romo = Brady comparison that should make any serious NFL fan laugh is done. He finally came back down to where he should be against a pathetic/injured defense today.

Every QB has a bad game. Even your precious Favre. The key is he he stepped up when it counted which is the 4th quarter.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:46 pm

Favre.com wrote:Seriously, I'm glad this Romo = Brady comparison that should make any serious NFL fan laugh is done. He finally came back down to where he should be against a pathetic/injured defense today.

Yep. Because he didn't show any poise as he led his team down the field to win yet another big game. Stupid Romo, why would you hand the ball off to a guy like Barber instead of forcing a passing TD?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:47 pm

Favre.com wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:Yes baby. Romo Go bang Jessica for me

After that stat line I doubt she'd do it...

Seriously, I'm glad this Romo = Brady comparison that should make any serious NFL fan laugh is done. He finally came back down to where he should be against a pathetic/injured defense today.

....he got the win.

I don't care if he throws for 80 yds...a win is a win. The bottom line is, the Cowboys are 5-1 with Romo at the helm, and the only loss came on a crazy fluke play. Romo is a major reason why the Cowboys are leading up the NFC East, and are the hottest team in the NFC right now. To be talking smack about him after he led them down the field on a game-winning drive AGAIN is ridiculous. He isn't Tom Brady by any means, but to discount his accomplishments thus far is ignorant. He's done a terrific job so far, and hopefully he keeps it up for a long time.
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:48 pm

beanoX3 wrote:MARTEEEEEN!!

OK, that's enough of that. Bit confused on Coughlin's playcalling the last 2 minutes of this game. Should have killed some more time before going for the TD.

They were not that successful in the redzone all game. You don't pick and choose when you score. You score when there is an opportunity period which is what Coughlin did.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote: You don't pick and choose when you score. You score when there is an opportunity period which is what Coughlin did.

But that's what I do in Madden :-b

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Favre.com » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:20 pm

....he got the win.

So did Grossman.

The fact of the matter is this is a fantasy site and by fantasy standards he was beyond bad today. In real life INTs don't matter because they can be thrown up to luck but in fantasy they are what they are. Romo had a horrid fantasy game, I saw the whole game on TV and in real life he was ok (should have had three picks though if Gibril Wilson could hold onto the ball).

He's allright, he's no savior, and definetly no Brady. Let's also admit how big of a joke the NYG defense is as well...
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Favre.com wrote:
....he got the win.

So did Grossman.

The fact of the matter is this is a fantasy site and by fantasy standards he was beyond bad today. In real life INTs don't matter because they can be thrown up to luck but in fantasy they are what they are. Romo had a horrid fantasy game, I saw the whole game on TV and in real life he was ok (should have had three picks though if Gibril Wilson could hold onto the ball).

He's allright, he's no savior, and definetly no Brady. Let's also admit how big of a joke the NYG defense is as well...

So was Favre and Brady.

Big deal. And Rex didn't get the win. The defense and ST did. They got 14 points for them Rex got them 0.
Cowboys 4 life

Postby Favre.com » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:53 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Favre.com wrote:
....he got the win.

So did Grossman.

So was Favre and Brady.

Big deal. And Rex didn't get the win. The defense and ST did. They got 14 points for them Rex got them 0.

Rex, just like Romo, will get credited with a "W" in his stat book. If you wanna go by clear points produced Romo did not have a TD either. The guy is a fine QB, I will admit he is a top 10 right now. I will in no way say I take him over the consistent performers. People on this board are ranking him 2nd behind Manning which is absurd. If you wanna average it out I'm sure Vick would get more points per game (fantasy points) then Romo.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby bigE141 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:22 pm

Favre.com wrote:
....he got the win.

Romo had a horrid fantasy game, I saw the whole game on TV and in real life he was ok (should have had three picks though if Gibril Wilson could hold onto the ball).
quote]

Well if you're gonna do that, then you might as well take away the interception that was dropped by Glenn and went straight into a defenders hands.
Thanks for the sig, madaslives911!
bigE141
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby jruiss01 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:18 pm

Not to interrupt the thread but Coughlin is the worst thing that could have happened to the NY Giants. I never liked him from the start. Before he was with the Giants what did he do? He came from no man's land and is still in no man's land. He preaches discipline and his team is the furthest from disciplined.

I think he has to take full blame for the Giants' collapse. It's a shame because of the weapons that are on that team and how they are underperforming. I know that they are banged up on defense, but good coaches (ie Bellichick) will find a way to plug up holes and make adjustments for what they have.

It's also almost comical to hear Coughlin talk after the games as well. He says this is going to happen but the complete opposite happens. I am beginning to wonder if he is senile.

For a team that has had such high hopes this season, it's a shame that they are collapsing because the coach has no control.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". - Eric Cantona
jruiss01
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting