Go the Wright way - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Go the Wright way

Moderator: Football Moderators

Go the Wright way

Postby wbgrafix » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:47 am

It seems that Droughns has fallen out of favor with the Cleveland coaching staff and was relegated to special teams duties last week. He could be facing the same situation this week.

If any of you guys are in a dynasty league, i'd pick up Jason Wright. The coaches love his speed and he has seen more action than James Harrison.

Plus, with a healthier O-Line next year, Wright could have a great seaosn if he can get the job from Droughns.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Go the Wright way

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:15 pm

wbgrafix wrote:It seems that Droughns has fallen out of favor with the Cleveland coaching staff and was relegated to special teams duties last week. He could be facing the same situation this week.

If any of you guys are in a dynasty league, i'd pick up Jason Wright. The coaches love his speed and he has seen more action than Jerome Harrison.

Plus, with a healthier O-Line next year, Wright could have a great seaosn if he can get the job from Droughns.

there, fixed it for ya ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby biju » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:39 pm

I've thought about this in a keeper league I'm in. While I do believe Droughns is no longer the answer for the Browns this year you kind of have to keep in mind that his struggles reflect the general struggles of the Browns' O-line. Losing LeCharles Bentley before the season began was a huge blow. I also just read that one of their tackles is now out for the season with an undisclosed mental illness.

Wright is probably not going to be the savior of this season, but I also firmly believe that if they don't give Droughns another chance (which could happen since he earns a roster bonus on the offseason) they will pick a RB high in the upcoming draft.

If not, then yes Wright will be a solid contender for next year.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mrblitz » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:47 pm

I actually believe that when it's all said and done, that Jerome Harrison is going to be the workhorse for the Browns.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby biju » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:12 pm

mrblitz wrote:I actually believe that when it's all said and done, that Jerome Harrison is going to be the workhorse for the Browns.

I believed that too at the beginning of the season. So much so that I targeted him in the draft in the late rounds as I felt Droughns was going to lose his job to him. Fortunately someone else was also targeting him and picked him a round earlier. Maybe he'll have that value next year but I've been surprised thus far with the Browns move to put Wright in instead.

Why do you think that is?

I had originally thought it may be because of the size difference, but there isn't enough there to validate that thought. But maybe when the Cleveland O-line gets healthy next year there will certainly be less reason to need a bruising back and more of a speed guy. Maybe the assumptions then should revolve around their relative speed to which I believe Harrison is faster (but I don't have the data).
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:40 am

biju wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I actually believe that when it's all said and done, that Jerome Harrison is going to be the workhorse for the Browns.

I believed that too at the beginning of the season. So much so that I targeted him in the draft in the late rounds as I felt Droughns was going to lose his job to him. Fortunately someone else was also targeting him and picked him a round earlier. Maybe he'll have that value next year but I've been surprised thus far with the Browns move to put Wright in instead.

Why do you think that is?

I had originally thought it may be because of the size difference, but there isn't enough there to validate that thought. But maybe when the Cleveland O-line gets healthy next year there will certainly be less reason to need a bruising back and more of a speed guy. Maybe the assumptions then should revolve around their relative speed to which I believe Harrison is faster (but I don't have the data).

Jerome hasn't really been able to get it done except for the preseason. Any time he's been in, he hasn't really made much of an impact which is probably why Wright has the job. I don't think Wright is worth much because Cleveland will most likely go after a RB in the draft or look to get one via free agency (Chrissy Brown/Dom Davis who I fully expect to be cut) with the former of those 2 being the most likely. That is all purely speculation on my part though.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk