Something Michigan and UF fans can agree on - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Something Michigan and UF fans can agree on

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrider » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:29 am

It seems like the only fair way would be a playoff. I think those teams are very even. They both had tough schedules, Michigan has beat some very tough teams Wisconsin is number 6 or 7 in most polls. Notre Dame is underated team and we beat them when they were #2 in Notre Dame. At Penn State they won. Now other then the game in Michigan against Ball St. they were awesome all year. And Florida had a very tough schedule as well beating some very good teams. Now hopefully Michigan jsut gets to go to the title, it would be the most fair if there was a playoff.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:41 am

With USC going down, who do you guys reckon is #4? LSU?
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrider » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:50 am

I think so. I wonder if Louisville is going to hop Wisconsin. There is going to be some major movement though, Arkansas lost, USC lost, Oklahoma won, West Virginia won. How high does Oklahoma go, they will be a very dangerous team with Peterson coming back and they could of had a shot at the title if they were not robbed. West Virginia will they get in the BCS, Arkansas I'm sure they out of the BCS, and USC where do they go?
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby The Great Gambini » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 am

mrider wrote:It seems like the only fair way would be a playoff. I think those teams are very even. They both had tough schedules, Michigan has beat some very tough teams Wisconsin is number 6 or 7 in most polls. Notre Dame is underated team and we beat them when they were #2 in Notre Dame. At Penn State they won. Now other then the game in Michigan against Ball St. they were awesome all year. And Florida had a very tough schedule as well beating some very good teams. Now hopefully Michigan jsut gets to go to the title, it would be the most fair if there was a playoff.

Are you serious? I'm a huge ND fan, but that might be the most ridiculous thing I've heard all year. ND is the most overrated team in the nation. They got destroyed by their two formidable opponents, Mich and USC, and their only respectable win was against Georgia Tech, a team they should have crushed, in week one.
All these comments about how Florida hasn't won pretty and Michigan has just steamrolled competition and came a play away from beating OSU are ridiculous. You want to talk about winning pretty...Ball State? Ball stinkin State? The Mich-OSU game was never truly in doubt, let's not kid ourselves. OSU was clearly the winner, staying 10 points ahead throughout most of the matchup. Ohio State has already beaten Michigan - why should it be any different the next time around?
Oh, right...because playing on a neutral field changes the players who are lining up and the coaches with the headsets. Afterall, aren't they the ones who play the game?

You're trying to tell me that Ohio State will trounce the Gators...on what basis? Florida has consistently played, and beaten, teams with the best team speed in the country...teams like LSU, who if you want to talk about quality wins, would dominate a relatively untested Wisconsin team. Teams like Georgia, Tennessee, and Arkansas. Even an underrated South Carolina team who was in almost all of its games, if you remember correctly. Florida's speed, and its experience against teams like OSU in the SEC, will be its greatest asset in a title game matchup - and it'll be a crime if they don't get that chance.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm

Well it would seem UM and UF fans are certainly not agreeing on anything anymore ;).

With 380,000 votes in on espn.com the voting is split 50/50 on who should go.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:40 pm

UF is Number 2 in the coahces poll. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football