Gred Oden has Arrived! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Gred Oden has Arrived!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gred Oden has Arrived!

Postby Double Play Ball » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:05 am

A nice suprise early return by the 2 time high school player of the year.

Oden fueled the Buckeyes to a 20 point win over Valparaiso, soring 14 pointsm grabbing 10 boards and swatting 5 shots, in just 23 minutes
Image
Double Play Ball
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1645
Joined: 8 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:10 am

Yeah sounds like he played pretty well- they could be good this year if he keeps it up
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:18 am

No doubt he's going to be a good player. I wish he could have come back a game earlier so he could have played against UNC.

Ohio State is going to have a very good year with or without him, but having him in there is a definite plus.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Faith, NC

Postby eman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 am

The kid's crazy good. I think he's the next KG. Dominant in the middle, but capable of knocking down the J too. I wouldn't be surprised if he propels OSU to the Nat'l Championship, though it would require him to consistently perform which is rare for a freshman.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1392
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SoCal

Postby jayday » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:21 am

Enjoy it while it lasts....He's one and done to the NBA.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:40 am

jayday wrote:Enjoy it while it lasts....He's one and done to the NBA.


Exactly the problem. This is their big shot at the title with him because he's gone after this year and will def be a first rounder.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 184
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:16 pm

jdsun1 wrote:
jayday wrote:Enjoy it while it lasts....He's one and done to the NBA.


Exactly the problem. This is their big shot at the title with him because he's gone after this year and will def be a first rounder.


Probably #1 overall. Would have been this year if not for the new age limit. He looks like he's about 30 instead of 19.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Faith, NC

Postby CC » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:09 pm

eman wrote:The kid's crazy good. I think he's the next KG. Dominant in the middle, but capable of knocking down the J too. I wouldn't be surprised if he propels OSU to the Nat'l Championship, though it would require him to consistently perform which is rare for a freshman.


KG? He's David Robinson v2.0
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby Sandrock » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:14 am

CC wrote:
eman wrote:The kid's crazy good. I think he's the next KG. Dominant in the middle, but capable of knocking down the J too. I wouldn't be surprised if he propels OSU to the Nat'l Championship, though it would require him to consistently perform which is rare for a freshman.


KG? He's David Robinson v2.0


Agreed. He's more like David Robinson than KG.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:04 am

Sandrock wrote:
CC wrote:
eman wrote:The kid's crazy good. I think he's the next KG. Dominant in the middle, but capable of knocking down the J too. I wouldn't be surprised if he propels OSU to the Nat'l Championship, though it would require him to consistently perform which is rare for a freshman.


KG? He's David Robinson v2.0


Agreed. He's more like David Robinson than KG.

Yep. The guy reminds me of Patrick Ewing.
Image
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 865
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Texas


Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:28 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact