WVU 41, Rutgers 39... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

WVU 41, Rutgers 39...

Moderator: Football Moderators

WVU 41, Rutgers 39...

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:21 am

This game probably got lost in the shuffle with everything else going on, but it was actually a pretty good game. Triple overtime games are always fun when it comes down to a 2 point conversion to force the 4th overtime.

Can we forget about Rutgers now? Pat White didn't even play and Rutgers couldn't win the game.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:26 am

It was really a great game. And with regard to White not playing, the backup played really well also, so I am not sure White would have made that much of a difference. Losing in triple OT to WVU is nothing to be ashamed of.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:08 am

I was watching the other games while my dad watched this one, caught the tail end of it, looked like one heck of a battle
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:37 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:It was really a great game. And with regard to White not playing, the backup played really well also, so I am not sure White would have made that much of a difference. Losing in triple OT to WVU is nothing to be ashamed of.

Exactly. The backup played about as good as White could have anyway.

WVU took a huge gamble going for 2. Had they not gotten it Rutgers scores and wins kicking the extra point. Rutgers is a very good team and deservingly in the top 15 in my eyes.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:14 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:It was really a great game. And with regard to White not playing, the backup played really well also, so I am not sure White would have made that much of a difference. Losing in triple OT to WVU is nothing to be ashamed of.

WVU took a huge gamble going for 2. Had they not gotten it Rutgers scores and wins kicking the extra point. Rutgers is a very good team and deservingly in the top 15 in my eyes.

I wasn't knocking the job the backup QB did because he did an incredible job, especially in OT. I'm just saying that White is the star QB and he potentially could have had a bigger impact. We'll never know that.

In the 3rd OT you have to go for 2 points, so WVU didn't take a big gamble. They made their conversion where Rutgers couldn't.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:

they had to go for 2. starting in the 3rd overtime, you have to go for the two point conversion after a TD. they dont want games going into 10 OTs because the defenses suck and cant stop letting up TDs.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Return to College Football