Strength of Schedule - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Strength of Schedule

Moderator: Football Moderators

Strength of Schedule

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:06 am

Here is a link for the BCS rankings. One of the columns is strength of schedule.

http://www.andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html

It shows Michigan had a harder schedule than Florida, so all of you who are saying Florida should get in because of schedule need to shut up. Im tired of having to say it a million times, so just look here.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:26 am

Look up the conference strength of schedule....I'm sure the SEC owns the Big 10....The cream puffs the SEC schools schedule to start the year are probably skewing those overall results...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:42 am

jayday wrote:Look up the conference strength of schedule....I'm sure the SEC owns the Big 10....The cream puffs the SEC schools schedule to start the year are probably skewing those overall results...

I think if the gators played a harder schedule then they wouldn't even be able to beat those powder puff teams. Half their d-line is hurt or gone. The SOS is the big determining factor in this one and the SEC owns!
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Strength of Schedule

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:12 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Here is a link for the BCS rankings. One of the columns is strength of schedule.

It shows Michigan had a harder schedule than Florida, so all of you who are saying Florida should get in because of schedule need to shut up. Im tired of having to say it a million times, so just look here.

Ok, the difference in the SOS for the two teams is .004. I'm willing to bet that the difference is because Michigan played the #1 team in the nation (and lost, by the way), where Florida's top opponent is #5.

Again, I could care less who plays OSU, but making an argument on SOS based on a .004 and 3 spot difference is ridiculous.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Strength of Schedule

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:21 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Here is a link for the BCS rankings. One of the columns is strength of schedule.

Ok, the difference in the SOS for the two teams is .004. I'm willing to bet that the difference is because Michigan played the #1 team in the nation (and lost, by the way), where Florida's top opponent is #5.

Again, I could care less who plays OSU, but making an argument on SOS based on a .004 and 3 spot difference is ridiculous.

I know it wasn't that much, but all I am saying is that 99% of the time on here when people say Florida should be in over Michigan, they say because of SOS- all I am doing is saying that point is not valid.

In response to the SEC being better than the big 10...WHO CARES??? The teams schedule matters, not the conferences.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:08 pm

Let's match these schedules up and see who played the tougher one...

Loss @ Auburn, @ OSU. Margin of Victory doesn't matter here because the games were pretty much the same as far as that goes. Edge Mich

vs LSU, vs Wisc. Edge FL

vs Ark, vs ND. Edge Push

@ Tenn, @ PSU. Edge FL

vs UGA, vs Iowa Edge FL

vs FSU, vs Minnesota Edge FL

vs South Carolina, vs MSU Edge FL

vs Alabama, @ Indiana Edge FL

vs Kentucky, vs Ball St Edge FL

vs UCF, vs NWstern Edge Mich

@ Vandy, vs Vandy Edge Mich (Margin of victory)

vs Southern Miss, vs Central Michigan Edge Push

After matching these games up... tell me how FL hasn't played a harder schedule.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:19 pm

Calling Arkansas and ND a push is pretty generous.

PSU is a pretty underrated win, though I don't remember how deep into their QB depth they were by the Michigan game this year PSU looked pretty good when they weren't playing their 14th string QB.

On the other side, most see Michigan's best wins as @ND and Wisconsin at home. But both those teams only look like good wins because they beat up on a bunch of patsies. With GT likely falling out of the top 25 with their lost yesterday it would appear that Wisconsin and ND will have COMBINED for ZERO wins over top 25 opponents this year.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby goleafsgo96 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:37 pm

Id just like to re-itterate what Free Bagel said, the reason why everyone says Florida has a tougher schedule is because anyone who really follows the schedules knows WHY Michigan's schedule is so "tough." And its exactly because Notre Dame and Wisconsin (michigans "biggest" wins) beat up on a bunch of crappy teams, ZERO victories over top 25 teams! Sometimes you gotta look a little past the numbers man, and you'll see that people saying Florida should get in based on scheduling shouldnt shut up after all. There's no doubt the teams Florida played are tougher, and if you know alot about college ball take a look at them game for game.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Calling Arkansas and ND a push is pretty generous.

PSU is a pretty underrated win, though I don't remember how deep into their QB depth they were by the Michigan game this year PSU looked pretty good when they weren't playing their 14th string QB.

On the other side, most see Michigan's best wins as @ND and Wisconsin at home. But both those teams only look like good wins because they beat up on a bunch of patsies. With GT likely falling out of the top 25 with their lost yesterday it would appear that Wisconsin and ND will have COMBINED for ZERO wins over top 25 opponents this year.

Tell me about it !+)
Believe it or not, we are underrated. We had our freshman, completely inexperienced 3rd stringer in there trying to lead the offense down the field with time running out for the tie. Ugh, can't relive that :-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:39 pm

NittanyLions wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Calling Arkansas and ND a push is pretty generous.

Tell me about it !+)
Believe it or not, we are underrated. We had our freshman, completely inexperienced 3rd stringer in there trying to lead the offense down the field with time running out for the tie. Ugh, can't relive that :-o

What are u guys talking about- the 3rd string played better than morelli

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football