Giants over Cowboys? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Giants over Cowboys?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Giants over Cowboys?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 am

I say so. I just have that feeling. I think Plax has a huge game and the Giants just squeak by, 21-14. What do you guys think?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokeyjoe » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:47 am

As a Giants fan I sincerely hope so, but I doubt it. The Cowboys have been mad hot as of late, and the Giants have been going in the opposite direction.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Humpback » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:52 am

I'd take that score in a second since I'm forced to start the Giants D, but I would expect both teams to be in the mid to upper 20's personally. Very tough game to predict because of all of the craziness coming out of Giants camp this week, they could either be great or horrible.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:53 am

Not a chance. Eli makes way to many mistakes. I say Eli throws for 200 + 1 TD with 2 picks with a fumble (if not a fumble then a 3rd pick). And Romo throws for 280 + 3 TD with two of them going to Owens for 147 yards.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:57 am

Dallas will BLOW-OUT the Giants.They have had 10 days off to rest and game plan, after they blew-out Tampa on Thanksgiving.

Dallas would love to run up the score after they lost to the Giants in the 1st meeting.I say Dallas 31- 13.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benb18a » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:05 pm

I have a bad feeling about the game too. The good thing is, when I have that feeling, they seem to always win :-)

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Why does the cafe have this game listed as 1:00 PM on the left tab?

Did the NFL change the time of this game from 4 to 1? That would really suck cause it wouldn't be aired here! :-o
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Why does the cafe have this game listed as 1:00 PM on the left tab?

Did the NFL change the time of this game from 4 to 1? That would really suck cause it wouldn't be aired here! :-o

No, the game was changed from 1 to 4 p.m. a few weeks ago. The cafe probably just never made the adjustment.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Warhawk » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:38 pm

This is one of those games where I'm picking the Giants solely because I can't possibly rationalize the Cowboys losing.

Which generally means, they will.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:39 pm

I also think the Giants have a great shot to win this game. As always, the media is making mountains out of molehills for both teams. I believe that they have overexaggerated the Giants' problems (which seem to be more due to injuries than anything else), as well as Tony Romo's ability (he's good, but not as good as the media would like us to believe. Joe Montana II? Get real).

I do guarantee that if New York wins, then the tide will turn and all of a sudden, the media will be dooming Dallas to the trash heap and wondering if Tony Romo was a flash in the pan, while the Giants did an amazing job of overcoming "inner turmoil."

I believe that it's never as good or bad as the talking heads would have you believe.

Of course, Tony Romo could toss 5 more TDs and Michael Strahan could strangle Plaxico on the sidelines. Then I would be the idiot. I guess we'll see.
Inukchuk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk