I have to admit - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

I have to admit

Moderator: Football Moderators

I have to admit

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:47 pm

that I really would like Lovie Smith in Pittsburgh, please? O:-)

I really think he's a good coach and for some reason, I really like him. I will be rooting for the Bears in the playoffs, as I hate all the other NFC teams that will be contending. And maybe even in the SB if the teams I hate make it ;-D (Colts, Pats, Ravens)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:54 am

You steel-heads cannot have our Lovie!!

Heh, I like Lovie too. His cool demeanor doesn't rub me the wrong way like Dick Jauron used to. So I'd really like it if Jerry Angelo can hurry up and give Lovie that extention he deserves.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 pm

If the Bears don't re-sign Lovie they're going to have a riot on their hands. It'll get done, don't worry.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:28 pm

I don't know. Lovie seems a bit too boneheaded at times for my taste. His refusal to do whatever it took to shut down the #1 WR several times last year, his general stubborness about benching Rx Grossman (three completions, three interceptions against Minny, COME ON!!!), and not getting more reps to Benson (much as I hate the guy, he's clearly outproducing Jones as of late) are all examples of why I would let the Steelers have Lovie if they want him.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mattb47 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:17 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I don't know. Lovie seems a bit too boneheaded at times for my taste. His refusal to do whatever it took to shut down the #1 WR several times last year, his general stubborness about benching Rx Grossman (three completions, three interceptions against Minny, COME ON!!!), and not getting more reps to Benson (much as I hate the guy, he's clearly outproducing Jones as of late) are all examples of why I would let the Steelers have Lovie if they want him.

I would be more worried about how they refuse to run the ball more and use Rex less than I would be about his refusal to bench Grossman. I think Grossman is still a better QB than Griese, he gives them the capability of big plays through the air, but he would be significantly more effective if more emphasis was put on the run like last year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:05 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I don't know. Lovie seems a bit too boneheaded at times for my taste. His refusal to do whatever it took to shut down the #1 WR several times last year, his general stubborness about benching Rx Grossman (three completions, three interceptions against Minny, COME ON!!!), and not getting more reps to Benson (much as I hate the guy, he's clearly outproducing Jones as of late) are all examples of why I would let the Steelers have Lovie if they want him.

I would be more worried about how they refuse to run the ball more and use Rex less than I would be about his refusal to bench Grossman. I think Grossman is still a better QB than Griese, he gives them the capability of big plays through the air, but he would be significantly more effective if more emphasis was put on the run like last year.

One more thing to add to the list. This jackass doesn't know when to use his timeouts! That had to be the third time this year that he has given the other team a shot when it wasn't necessary just by calling ill-timed time outs. :-# Can't we just get a break and not have guys that cause us to worry all the time? Good Rex, bad Rex, will Lovie blow the call, will the defense be good or bad...I tell ya' I can't take it!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

One more thing to add to the list. This jackass doesn't know when to use his timeouts! That had to be the third time this year that he has given the other team a shot when it wasn't necessary just by calling ill-timed time outs. :-# Can't we just get a break and not have guys that cause us to worry all the time? Good Rex, bad Rex, will Lovie blow the call, will the defense be good or bad...I tell ya' I can't take it!

Yea, wasn't a good move on the part of the coaching staff. If you were going to call a timeout you should've done it with more time on the clock so it would have been detramental for them to do the hail mary when time could have still been on the clock.

If you guys would just put Rex into a position where he was a game manager and not put so much emphasis on the passing game he would be more effective and you guys would be tougher to beat. It would make that play action bomb downfield to Berrian 10 times more effective and I think you guys would be tough to beat. It's just such a gamble putting the ball in the hands of such a young QB that often when it's not necessary and you have 2 good RBs on your team.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Chicago Bears