Theoretical Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Theoretical Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:35 pm

stomperrob wrote:
knapplc wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:No way- OSU or Florida is #1 no matter what

Another question- if michigan wins big and florida gets blown out, is michigan post season #2?

Absolutely. There's no way they shouldn't be. For all intents and purposes Michigan is the #2 team in the land RIGHT NOW - they just aren't being voted there because the pollsters don't want a rematch. It's unfortunate that what are most likely the top two teams in the country have to be from the same conference this year.

Hey, Big 10ers - is there ever a year where Michigan/OSU don't play each other? They always play, right?

Always - one of the biggest and oldest rivalries in all of college football (which Michigan leads 57-39-6 ;-D )

But who's counting? :-b

That's one of the dumbest things the Big XII did when they formed the conference - they eliminated the Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry game. It was one of the best college rivalries ever, and they trashed it for the money of a big conference. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

At the time Oklahoma was OK with the move because of their rivalry with Texas, but the latest I've heard is that NU & OU are talking about trying to renew the yearly game. That would be cool, but I doubt it happens.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:32 pm

knapplc wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
knapplc wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:No way- OSU or Florida is #1 no matter what

Another question- if michigan wins big and florida gets blown out, is michigan post season #2?

Absolutely. There's no way they shouldn't be. For all intents and purposes Michigan is the #2 team in the land RIGHT NOW - they just aren't being voted there because the pollsters don't want a rematch. It's unfortunate that what are most likely the top two teams in the country have to be from the same conference this year.

Hey, Big 10ers - is there ever a year where Michigan/OSU don't play each other? They always play, right?

Always - one of the biggest and oldest rivalries in all of college football (which Michigan leads 57-39-6 ;-D )

But who's counting? :-b

That's one of the dumbest things the Big XII did when they formed the conference - they eliminated the Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry game. It was one of the best college rivalries ever, and they trashed it for the money of a big conference. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

At the time Oklahoma was OK with the move because of their rivalry with Texas, but the latest I've heard is that NU & OU are talking about trying to renew the yearly game. That would be cool, but I doubt it happens.

From what I understand is that if they did play ever year that it would be considered a non-conference game since the Big12 schedule is set for like the next 12 years or something. How stupid would that be? NU could play OU the last week of the season in a non-conference game and then could play each other the next week for the conference title. That just sounds wierd to me. I'd like them to play every year as a conference game and just rotate through the other 5 South teams.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football