BCS Controversy: Lloyd vs. Urban? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

BCS Controversy: Lloyd vs. Urban?

Moderator: Football Moderators

BCS Controversy: Lloyd vs. Urban?

Postby Luca Brasi » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:37 pm

FOX just quoted Lloyd Carr spouting off some strong words about "the Florida coach" and his "campaigning" for a berth in the BCS championship.

Truth is...all season long we have heard Urban Meyer's strong opinion on the BCS and the need for a playoff to "fix the system". Meanwhile Carr's team spent the entire season consistently moving upwards in the polls. Carr knew how "the system" works: beat Ohio State, go to the title game. Michigan failed and he knows it.

So Meyer is going to the title game via the BCS polling system he disliked so much, and the Carr seems to be implying that his team was robbed of a title shot.

Are the comments by Carr acceptable? Should Meyer have something to say for his past accusations? Is this just one big dramatic storyline created by the sly writers at FOX to keep us crazy football fanatics occupied for the next 35 long winter days?

"Why is a Fighting Illini considered politically incorrect, but not a Fighting Irish?"
Luca Brasi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:40 pm

Lloyd vs. Urban??

If we're talking boxing I'll take Urban, he's got youth on his side.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:59 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Lloyd vs. Urban??

If were talking football i'll take Urban too. :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:08 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

If we're talking NCs I'll take Lloyd.

That spread offense that doesn't move the ball in the SEC hasn't impressed me, their defense is sick, but I'm not going to give too much props to "offensive genius" Urban Meyer for that.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:21 pm

CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

That spread offense that doesn't move the ball in the SEC hasn't impressed me, their defense is sick, but I'm not going to give too much props to "offensive genius" Urban Meyer for that.

I'll take a guy that everytime he coaches a team impoves it dramatically over an underachiver.

Problem with the spread at UF is he hasn't had the players. In 2 more seasons we will see how it worls against the SEC.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:02 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I'll take a guy that everytime he coaches a team impoves it dramatically over an underachiver.

Problem with the spread at UF is he hasn't had the players. In 2 more seasons we will see how it worls against the SEC.

I could see this if you are arguing about Iowa, but talking about how great Meyer is in spite of the talent he has at Florida is a joke.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:16 pm

I think Urban is an a$$ whole, and I have thought so for a while, not only after they got voted in over Michigan- one of the main reasons florida got in over michigan is because he campaigned, and that really isnt part of college football- its just simply unethical to influence voters regarding your team.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:26 pm

CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I could see this if you are arguing about Iowa, but talking about how great Meyer is in spite of the talent he has at Florida is a joke.

To run the spread effectively you need a mobile QB who can run the option. Leak is no where near the QB needed for the system. Yes we have tons of athletic guys on the field Harvin, Caldwell, Baker, Ingram, Wynn etc., but the Mobile QB makes it work, my point was the reason the Spread O wasn't working in the SEC was due to wrong personel. To find out if i am right we can only wait.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:28 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

To run the spread effectively you need a mobile QB who can run the option. Leak is no where near the QB needed for the system. Yes we have tons of athletic guys on the field Harvin, Caldwell, Baker, Ingram, Wynn etc., but the Mobile QB makes it work, my point was the reason the Spread O wasn't working in the SEC was due to wrong personel. To find out if i am right we can only wait.

You do have a mobile QB on that roster...it just isn't Leak.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:32 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

You do have a mobile QB on that roster...it just isn't Leak.

Oh i def know, look at the sig, but he isn't running the team, thats why i said we need to wait, if we don't put up points with him at QB i will be the first one to say the spread doesn;t work in the SEC ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football