I am a terrible fantasy player! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I am a terrible fantasy player!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I am a terrible fantasy player!

Postby jzfran » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:13 pm

Wow. Thats all I can say after a bad day today.

My salary cap team has been on a roll lately with around 100 points each of the past few weeks. Of course, Willie Parker had just a huge game today, as did the KC defense. Kellen Winslow was a huge factor in his game, as was Mark Clayton on Thursday. Note the sarcasm.

For my regular league, Gore and Parker teamed up for a whopping 101 yards rushing and no TD's. Betts sat on my bench today and Cooley was a non-factor.

Then I realized just now that I forgot to set my basketball team's lineup and I'm in the middle of a close matchup.

Wow I'm heated.
jzfran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Don't worry I suck to.

I used to be good when there were not free cheat sheets available on line and studying counted for something. Now I get killed by people who know nothing about FFball until the day before the draft when they print out a cheat cheet and draft from it.

Most of it is luck. If you don't have it you won't win.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LT FAN » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:13 pm

LOL

The lamentations of a disgruntled fantasy owner!

Keep your chin up....

There's always next year and a chance to get greatest player in fantasy land!
LT FAN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: I am a terrible fantasy player!

Postby FANTASY Dr X » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:17 pm

[quote="jzfran"]Wow. Thats all I can say after a bad day today.

My salary cap team has been on a roll lately with around 100 points each of the past few weeks. Of course, Willie Parker had just a huge game today, as did the KC defense. Kellen Winslow was a huge factor in his game, as was Mark Clayton on Thursday. Note the sarcasm.

For my regular league, Gore and Parker teamed up for a whopping 101 yards rushing and no TD's. Betts sat on my bench today and Cooley was a non-factor.

Then I realized just now that I forgot to set my basketball team's lineup and I'm in the middle of a close matchup.

Wow I'm heated.[/quote

JZFRAN, Unfortunately you are just another frustrated fantasy owner like many of us today.
We all make decisions based on history, trends and matchups.
Oftentimes we do not factor in the emotions of each NFL player, when deciding on whom to start.
But, how can we possibly know what each of those individuals feel like before a game? We just can't. It is that simple.
Sometimes, I am sure not even they can tell how they are going to react when certain situations arise while battling in the trenches.
It may take a sarcastic word by an opponent to motivate them enough to go ahead and have a huge game, or for some of them, those same words may intimidate them to the point where they have a terrible game.
We also tend to ignore the fact that those players are in fact, Human and as such they are to be considered Imperfect beings, just like you and me. Who knows? Maybe one of those player’s daughter was very sick this morning, causing a negative impact on his game.
I try to give a lot of people advice on whom to start or sit weekly in various message boards.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!
However, such advice is given in bona fide as I spend endless hours on the internet trying to gather as much information as I can on certain players.
I believe there is no bad advice out there, or we, active owners inserting the wrong players in the lineup on purpose.
We make our lineup decisions with our best intentions, but sometimes they don't turn out to be the right ones.
Not because we didn't check any stats on those players, but because trends are not set in stone and therefore those stats will change.
This 2006 season has been indeed a very weird one, where from one week to another different players have risen to the occasion and some have gone back to their average stats. Let's keep in mind that teams adjust very quickly nowadays.
Look at how 1 week was Tony Romo scoring 4 td's, then Joseph Addai and today was Reggie Bush's turn to find the pay dirt 4 times. I can almost bet not many owners started him today. Well, my opponent did along with Eddie Kennison.
I benched Trent Green over Matt Leinart and that proved to be the wrong move, besides starting the Ravens defense as well.
To make a case how unfair life is in the NFL at times just think about Trent Green throwing for 3 yards short of 300, tossing 4 TD's with only 1 INT and yet lose the game, while Rex Grossman threw for only 34 yards, 3 INT's and even rushed the ball 4 times for -9 yards and yet be lucky enough to have his defense bail him out.
To conclude this message I would like to note that most of the times we tend to Overanalyze. Just imagine that last year I was not managing my team, but rather was simply starting and sitting players and I won my league championship.
This year I have been trying to manage my team taking into account several factors including the weather reports and I've been missing something, somehow.
That something has a name.
Allow me to introduce you to Mrs. LADY LUCK!
Mr. fantasy doc
FANTASY Dr X
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:15 am

one simple lesson about fantasy football: playing FF makes watching real football a lot more frustrating. and you will hate football and all of it's aspects.

so to make life more fun, find a good team and jump on their bandwagon ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting